Help new fish died? - Page 2

pongo

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
it's very difficult for a new enthusiast to find accurate information unless you have a mentor or a site like this one. I commend you for joining and sharing your experience with us, as you can see we are all here to help. Most fish from a large chain store will be sick to begin with. Keep the faith, it's really quite easy once you get started correctly.

check craigslist in your area, quite frequently there are very good deals on tanks there,
be sure to wash any used tank to with hot water and very dilute bleach and rinse with a dechlorinator.

tatty_kassy

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I actually found a really great deal on Kijiji, it was a 25 gal with all the rocks and accessories, food, nets, vaccum, filter, conditioner, pretty much a complete working tank with some fish for 100 bucks, I think its a great idea to find a good bargain and pay less to get more!

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
PrincePowder, I totally missed your post above jdhef's before I posted.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I got my first tank, a 30 gallon, on for absolutely free. I put out the cost of the filter, heater, etc. and 5 years later, that tank's still running great.

midthought

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
LyndaB said:
I got my first tank, a 30 gallon, on for absolutely free. I put out the cost of the filter, heater, etc. and 5 years later, that tank's still running great.
drool That's awesome.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You should also consider joining a local fish club. I received a couple of 10 gallon and one 15 gallon tank that members didn't need anymore for free.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom