new fish died? Help | Page 2

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by lisajosh, Mar 31, 2010.

1. pongo

pongoNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    it's very difficult for a new enthusiast to find accurate information unless you have a mentor or a site like this one. I commend you for joining and sharing your experience with us, as you can see we are all here to help. Most fish from a large chain store will be sick to begin with. Keep the faith, it's really quite easy once you get started correctly.

check craigslist in your area, quite frequently there are very good deals on tanks there,
    be sure to wash any used tank to with hot water and very dilute bleach and rinse with a dechlorinator.

2. tatty_kassy

tatty_kassyValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    Experience:
    1 year
    I actually found a really great deal on Kijiji, it was a 25 gal with all the rocks and accessories, food, nets, vaccum, filter, conditioner, pretty much a complete working tank with some fish for 100 bucks, I think its a great idea to find a good bargain and pay less to get more! :)

3. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

Ratings:
    +2,380
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    PrincePowder, I totally missed your post above jdhef's before I posted. :;tmnt

4. LyndaB

LyndaBFishlore LegendMember

Ratings:
    +170
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    I got my first tank, a 30 gallon, on freecycle.com for absolutely free. I put out the cost of the filter, heater, etc. and 5 years later, that tank's still running great.

5. midthought

midthoughtWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +13
    Experience:
    Just started
    :drool: That's awesome.

6. LyndaB

LyndaBFishlore LegendMember

Ratings:
    +170
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    You should also consider joining a local fish club. I received a couple of 10 gallon and one 15 gallon tank that members didn't need anymore for free.