New fish at my LFS. I want some.

ProudPapa

I was there dropping off some plants and guppies last weekend, and they had a tank with leaf fish. If you aren't familiar with them, they look remarkably like a dead leaf floating in the water. I want some bad. They're pricey, and need soft water, and need live food, but I hope to have a few at some point.

I can make soft water, so that's not a big issue. One site I looked at says they eat other fish, so I could handle that part with mutt guppies.

BigManAquatics

Leaf fish have always intrigued me! Don't know that i will ever keep any, but they are pretty cool.

TClare

Yes, they are very attractive, but quite difficult to keep I think. Though with a ready supply of live guppies you may be OK..

chromedome52

I have not had Monocirrhus polyacanthus, though I've seen them occasionally. An acquaintance once had one that was quite large, over 7 inches. They supposedly will reach 8 inches. They will eat more than just fish; younger ones eat mostly invertebrates.

I did have their little cousin, Polycentrus schomburgki, lay eggs for me. Unfortunately, I was unable to get any fry.

ProudPapa

I have not had Monocirrhus polyacanthus, though I've seen them occasionally. An acquaintance once had one that was quite large, over 7 inches. They supposedly will reach 8 inches. They will eat more than just fish; younger ones eat mostly invertebrates.

I didn't know there were multiple fish with the same common name, but I looked at pictures on Google, and that's what these were.

I didn't realize they get that large. The ones in the store were about 3" long [75 mm], so I assume they were juveniles. If they eat invertebrates instead of fish when young I can handle that too. I have ready access to cull neocaridina shrimp.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Rtessy
Replies
Views
PurityNWhiteRoses
Replies
Views
porcha
Replies
Views