New Filter

1. Ankers

Ankers Well Known Member Member

Right know I have a tetra filter but I'm getting another tank what would you recommend for a cheap reliable filter for a twenty gallon.

2. BluMan1914

BluMan1914 Well Known Member Member

A lot of members recommend SunSun/Aquatop. Aquatop is supposed to be better made, and a little more expensive than SunSun.
    I don't believe in going cheap with certain epupment, and filters being one of them.
    If you don't want a canister, many members recommend Aquaclear hob's (hang on back).
    I don't like hobs, so I will let others give you advice on which is the best to get.

3. OP
    OP
    Ankers

Ankers Well Known Member Member

Thanks do you know where or if I could get an aquarium cooler

4. BluMan1914

BluMan1914 Well Known Member Member

If you are talking about a chiller, I would check out Amazon, or Ebay.

5. toolman

toolman Well Known Member Member

It all depends on your situation, I am s big fan of Aquaclear hob filters they're relatively cheaper than canisters but still have a lot of room for media and are easily customized.

I also have a Fluval 306 canister that I got so I could add pressurized co2 later. I like it and have had no problems with it either. However canisters are more expensive.

I agree with BluMan that I don't want to go cheap on filters, but many go with other brands. My lfs has Fluvals and spare parts so it wasn't a difficult choice for me. For the most bang for your buck I would recommend Aquaclears.

6. fissh

fissh Well Known Member Member

Get a clip on fan. If your on a budget a chiller will give you sticker shock!

7. fissh

fissh Well Known Member Member

Aquatop is made by sunsun, All Aquatops have the same flow rates, tubes and housing as sunsun.

8. toolman

toolman Well Known Member Member

Thanks fissh didn't know that or I might have got a aquatop my lfs carry's those also.