New Filter For My 30 Gallon ( Fluval 207 Or 307 ) Question

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by edgardcafe, Jul 16, 2019.

1. edgardcafe

edgardcafeValued MemberMember

I have a 30 gallon aquarium with 2 filters ( AquaClear 50 and AquaClear 20) for more than 2 years, but I want to upgrade it to Fluval, so which one should I pick Fluval 207 or 307 ? [​IMG]

2. Cichlidude

CichlidudeWell Known MemberMember

I would go with the way expensive Fluval 307.

3. OP
    OP
    edgardcafe

I also was thinking about the Fluval 307 in case upgrade my aquarium size! You said just because is expensive or it means good filter ?

4. Cichlidude

Too expensive for what you get.

5. JayH

JayHValued MemberMember

From everything I've seen, it's a well designed, quality filter. It's also rather expensive. I also think the 307 is about the right size for a 30 gallon tank. Don't pay any attention to manufacturers' size ratings. They're way optimistic.

6. Islandvic

IslandvicWell Known MemberMember

Are you trying to eliminate using hang-on-back filters, and switch to canister style only ?

7. StarGirl15

StarGirl15Valued MemberMember

I love my canister. They are so quiet. I personally dislike the splashing sound of the HOBs

8. Cichlidude

What HOB would that be?

9. StarGirl15

StarGirl15Valued MemberMember

I had a Marineland bio wheel on my old 20 gallon

10. Cichlidude

Ah yes, those are noisy. But not all. I have 2 Tidal filters in the same room that are dead quiet because of the outflow design.

11. OP
    OP
    edgardcafe

I have watched a Fluval review on YouTube and liked it, so I want to try something different although my AquaClear works great.

12. kallililly1973

kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

I have a 206 ( on a 20 long along with an AC50) and a 406 ( along with an AC70 ) and think their all great filters yes costly but their customer service was stellar when my aquastop valve on my 406 leaked a little bit and sent me a new one in 2 days and haven't had any issues with either of them since.

13. Islandvic

IslandvicWell Known MemberMember

I dont think I've really heard any common complaints on Fluval canisters. Maybe their ribbed hoses need to be removed and cleaned periodically, but that's it.

I think Petco still only offers the x06 line. They are having a promo today. $30 off orders $100 or more.

Promo code "save30" I think.

If you get the x07 series, Kensfish.com has free s&h and no tax. Ken sells the Fluval line and all replacement parts for their filters.

I buy from Ken's and would recommend his site to others. His house brand of fish food is great also. Same quality as the big brands for half the price.

14. OP
    OP
    edgardcafe

Today I bought a 307 Fluvial online at PetSmart with 15% off (pick up in Store -promotion) for $151.93 (included taxes). So, tomorrow I will setup my new filter !
    Have a great weekend fishKeepers!!