Question New Filter For My 30 Gallon ( Fluval 207 Or 307 )

JayH

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I also was thinking about the Fluval 307 in case upgrade my aquarium size! You said just because is expensive or it means good filter ?
From everything I've seen, it's a well designed, quality filter. It's also rather expensive. I also think the 307 is about the right size for a 30 gallon tank. Don't pay any attention to manufacturers' size ratings. They're way optimistic.

Islandvic

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Are you trying to eliminate using hang-on-back filters, and switch to canister style only ?

StarGirl15

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I love my canister. They are so quiet. I personally dislike the splashing sound of the HOBs

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have a 206 ( on a 20 long along with an AC50) and a 406 ( along with an AC70 ) and think their all great filters yes costly but their customer service was stellar when my aquastop valve on my 406 leaked a little bit and sent me a new one in 2 days and haven't had any issues with either of them since.

Islandvic

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I dont think I've really heard any common complaints on Fluval canisters. Maybe their ribbed hoses need to be removed and cleaned periodically, but that's it.

I think Petco still only offers the x06 line. They are having a promo today. $30 off orders $100 or more.

Promo code "save30" I think.

If you get the x07 series, Kensfish.com has free s&h and no tax. Ken sells the Fluval line and all replacement parts for their filters.

I buy from Ken's and would recommend his site to others. His house brand of fish food is great also. Same quality as the big brands for half the price.

edgardcafe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Today I bought a 307 Fluvial online at PetSmart with 15% off (pick up in Store -promotion) for $151.93 (included taxes). So, tomorrow I will setup my new filter !
Have a great weekend fishKeepers!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom