New Filter Exchange?

Sharkbait4

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi again! I am curious on adding a new filter system... I already have one but I'm not sure if it's enough for my tank size/fish number, I can replace the filter cartridge and in a week it needs it again... on adding a new filter how would I go about it, add it to tank and run it along side other until it's bio gets set up? I don't want to do anything to hurt our babies(cichlids and fry lol I love em already)

I just have a tetra whisper for 30gal(tank size) please no criticism, we had a tank ready, and received cichlids from my sister kind of as a holding until she gets moved and set back up. we now have fry... they seem to be doing good, swimming, eating, I was just curious on the filter how to change them out?

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You can run them both together if you want or if you can just put the old media into the new filter...also don’t replace the media, just rinse in dirty tank water that’s in a bucket during water changes.

Sharkbait4

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
okay thanks. I had been rinsing it during water changes, and then got a new one, I guess thinking it hadn't been changed in a while and needed it. thanks! still learning!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom