New Filter (29 Gallon)

spike98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I want to get a hob filter that takes up the space where the 2 hob filters I have currently are (Picture below). I would like a filter that has at least 2 slots for filter pads with carbon but additional room for bio rings or something to hold bb incase I had to take out the pads for medication. I don't mind if the filter is rated for a larger tank as long as the filter current doesn't throw my fish around or provide some advice on slowing the current. I also have 2 sponge filters in each back corner of my tank. Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

Lunnietic

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
spike98 said:
I look into that, thanks. Any personal experience with that one or the aquaclear brand.
Not with the 50 rated one. I have one rated for 30s on my 20 gallon bowfront. It is seriously the best brand I have ever encountered. You can change the media to your liking and you don't have to use the carbon pads. (Doesnt even come with pads comes with sponges, bio media cubes, and a carbon pack). So when having to use something dealing with meds its easier to remove without removing all the bacteria.

It also auto restarts/resets after a power outage by itself.

Other than Aqua Clears, Fluval is a decent brand but no personal experience.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom