New females whoo hoo

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
today I got two new female guppies. I got to catch them myself at the lfs too. They are really pretty too. Light blue and black tails. I think one is already pregnant not sure haven't been able to examine it completely yet. Will post some pics tomorow when they are adjusted to their new tank. Will start breeding again ;D

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
sweet I think I might breed Guppies too. Do you have any pics of your new girls?

guppygranny

Valued Member
Reaction score
Good for you! Sometimes a nice girl is hard to find. I've learned to stay away from Wal-mart. There's a nice store in Tampa that has some good quality fish. Got my male half-black reds there. Good luck with the breeding! Guppygranny.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yup guppygranny, these aren't the nices, they seem to have a bit of feeder guppy in them unfortunately, but I like them the same.

Yup got some now 0morrokh, they aren't the best, you should be able to pick them out. It's fun breeding guppies, I'v figured out a way to more or less breed them without a breeding tank. I just buy a ton of large breeding traps and line them in my tank and stick the guppies in their for two weeks then move them to either my smaller tank or my larger tank. I clean the breeding traps every day after I feed and it also lets me make sure they eat. I did it this way and once in a 2.5 gallon tank and I didn't see any difference as long as you don't overstock the boxes. I might be able to put them in with my betta though since it will be so heavily planted they might be able to avoid being eaten, we shall see. Hope you start breeding them, I think Butterfly does too. On to the pictures

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Very pretty. If I do breed my main issue will be finding fish that are worth breeding...

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't think it would be that hard, just keep going to your lfs, mine always has different types. You can always breed not so pretty one's though.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Unfortunately livebearers are my lfs's one weak area. Although now that I think about it they did have an expecially nice looking male Guppy last time I was there. Their females are pretty colorless though. Not that I really care but I suppose it's easier to give away fry that are nice looking.

rajs

Valued Member
Reaction score
nice looking female guppies. i myself have 3 females and 2 males, the 3 females have the following colors

1. pink dotted tail
2. yellow dotted tail
3. yellow body/orange tail

males are
1. blue aqua
2. red blonde

i have all these in 5 gallon eclipse hex and soon i will be buying an 12 gallon hex. but i am wondering if these two tanks would be enough to do breeding. I see atmmachine is mentioning something about breeder nets, will it fit in hex5 or 12 gallon eclipse.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
responded in other post about that.

Ya my guppies have a lot of feeder in them it looks like, though my male doesn't but the strange thing is he isn't chasing the females around so maybe he's a female with a large tail, I"m not sure. not sure how good the video's are.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom