New Female Betta

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
;D Meet my new baby betta. I told myself I was't going to get a new betta when Bessie died, but I went into Petco to get a light for my Kritter Keeper. They didn't have any lights, but they did have a few bettas. Most of them looked half dead, but my new girl was very lively and very tiny. I couldn't resist, so now sshe is swimming around very happily in Benji's ten gallon where Bessie was.

She is very shy and I had a difficult time getting a picture, but here it is. As you can tell she hasn't developed her color yet, so for that I will just have to wait and see.

Any suggestions for names? So far I have thought of Babe, Bashful, and Bonita.

CherryRose

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Aw, she looks just like my little Karma! She even has "racing stripes" like Karma. You'll notice that once she settles in and becomes less stressed, her stripes will become vertical. Congrats!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
She is beautiful and so darling. She is so cute with her shy attitude. I am so glad you got her. I love new babies!!

Do send more pix when she gets a little more acclimated please.

Congratulations. Benji will love her too, I am sure.

Rose

Asinity

Valued Member
Reaction score
She's a little cutie too. She looks awfully familiar though, she's got the little stripes that Christen has. They must be very close to the same age.

It's amazing how active these tiny little girls are, it's so hard to get pictures of them.

Just out of curiosity did she give you the whole 'please save me, I love you so much! Take me home, pleeeeeeease!' look? That's what Christen did to us... I've always been a sucker for a pretty face ;D

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
;D Thank you everybody. My little girl is so precious. Once I saw her I knew she was meant to go home with me. I will get more pictures as soon as I am able to.

Yes, Asinity, that is exactly what my baby did. I could just hear her saying, "Please take me home with you. If you leave me here something dreadful will happen. Look at how sick all these other bettas are. Pleeease don't let me end up like them."

While she was in that tiny cup she was quite willing to show off for me, but once she got in the tank it was zip and zoom. And off to explore she went.

I am off to bed and will post again when I can.

CherryRose

antisen

Valued Member
Reaction score
How about Barbie?

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, Antisen. I really like the name Barbie and am considering it. I have a niece that lives in California whose name is Barb. She is actually my husband's niece by reason of marriage and has full grown children of her own. I don't think she would mind if I named my girl Barbie. The trouble is I keep wanting to call my new baby Bessie, so I was thinking maybe Betsy or Betty. I have never had difficulty coming up with a name before, but sure am right now. One of these days I'm sure that one of the names will just suddenly fit, which is what usuallly happens.

She came up to the front of the tank when she saw me this afternoon. She looks like her color may be turning orange, red, or pink. Only time will tell.

CherryRose

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Aww, congratulations Cherry Rose. You are a very cute baby girl little one. Enjoy your new life. Natalie

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
My new baby's name is...TA DA... (drum roll please) Bambi!

CherryRose

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to the forum Bambi!!! She is such a cutie. Congrats on the new fishie!!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I LOVE IT! Welcome from Alexander, JT, Nate, Blaze, Winky, Dinky, Tuck, Sleepy, Doc, Dopey, Dingbat, Sid, Mickey, Flash, Zippy, Pinky, Blue, Wiggle, & Tweak..WHEW.

I love her coloring. She is going to be a heartbreaker. Benji is going to be so impressed!

Rose

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I love the name!! Welcome to the gang Bambi. Royell is weakly, but happily waving his fins to you as well as myself. Natalie

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Yes, Benji will certainly be impressed, when he finally gets to see her. He is in the Q tank right now, as I am treating him for finrot.

Bambi is such a pretty girl, but she is also very fast. I took another picture of her but it took me a long time as she wouldn't hold still at all. The picture is blurry because of her speed, but you can see how her color is changing just since I got her on February 19th. She is going to be downright beautiful (not that she isn't already)!

CherryRose

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
She is beautiful and such a stunning color! Congratulations. My boys all have their eyes popped out watching. Fins are waving and I think they really like her.

Rose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom