New FEESH!

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by soltarianknight, Jan 3, 2013.

1. soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

I gots MOAR FEESH.

Not much, just 2 gold barbs and a tiny little pleco and some java moss. Ill get the bad news out of the way.

I got a flat on the way home and it took me a tad bit longer then id like to get back and one of the goldbarbs did NOT take it well. I don't know if any of the veteran fish keepers here(well, experienced) have ever had one of those fish that just didn't handle the move well and died. I have had one before, it was also a gold barb. He just doesn't look good at all. I QT'd him. He also seems to have a spinal deformity too so.... The other boy looks great.

Here is a pic of the barbs, the one featured is the sick boy. I will be surprised if he makes it. Definitely little boys though.
    My other concern is that while they are the same species, the fish they had were a tad different then the ones i have. Just a few physical differences, not uncommon. Do you think they will still school?

This is the pleco. I asked for a brown BN. He was sold as a bushynose. They had albino and brown babies and long fin albino juvi's all over the place. There was a TINY ITTY BITTY little albino bn. Like 1/2" long....so tempting...
    Also, yes, i am trying to keep a BN and a Clown in a 37 hex. I have a TON of drift wood and mopani and such. The only issue is that the BN is smaller right now. Also, the reason i put this thread here is to ask if this is a BN in the first place. They had a few baby commons too.

This bag is PACKED with a long stringy java moss. Only $2, the cute fish store guy gave me a discount on the entire purchace XD.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. AvaValued MemberMember

Score! Discounts are always good. ;D I can't say about the bushynose, but my guppies and platys don't look anything alike and they will still school together. Congrats on the the new feesh. I hope your little guy(s) make it. :)

3. soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

Yeah, he is still acclimating. Doing worse too. The other guy is out schooling so that answers that question. The BN is so cute.

4. soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

Moar pics.
    He's so TINY. Also, he gets along with the clown. They are sharing a cave.

My new healthy barb, the boy in the middle. Also you can kinda see that i went a LIL crazy with the moss......just a little.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  5. AvaValued MemberMember

Aww. So cute. I don't see anything wrong with your moss. I like greenery. ;D

6. kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

Stealing my word :p Congrats on the feesh!

7. soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

I was wondering when you would find this XD

8. AvaValued MemberMember

It's not stealing. It's called "sharing." a.k.a. - spreading the madness! :D

9. soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

Just saw Oscar(clown) eating off his chosen fork. Not sure if BN's can smell good or not, hopefully they can. I turned the lights out for the night, should help.

10. Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

The tank is nicely mossed over;D

11. soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

Approval from The Batman is all i ever asked for in life. I need to do another tank shoot once i finish getting all the wood and moss settled. My antics are scaring the crud out of the barbs and it has them on edge, the betta is LOVING it though. She keeps jumping into QT with the sick fish -_-''

12. soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

I shelled out an obcene amount of money today for the smallest bottle of prazipro, i swear if this barb dies i will kill it.

13. soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

This is getting horribly repetitive. The BN is dead. Not sure how or why, just is. The Gold barb on the other hand is taking well to the prazipro. We arn't out of the woods yet but he is acting a lot better, still concave though.

14. kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

Sorry to hear that SK :( Do you think it was just too late for the Prazipro to help him, or do you think it's something other than parasites?

15. soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

The pleco was healthy as far as i know. He didn't seem sick at all. It was the barb that had the parasites. The Barb is responding so well to the prazipro im kind of amazed. The pleco just up and died.

16. kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

I'm trying to quarantine angels and I bought two that up and died for no reason - eating well, no visible signs of illness. :;dk Do you think you're going to get another one?

17. soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

Maybe eventually. Definitely an older one next time. Might go for a rubber lip or a male clown.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice