New feesh!

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by kinezumi89, Dec 21, 2012.

1. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

I got some feesh yesterday! I wrote a really long thread, and then missed clicking the scrollbar and clicked a link and lost it all. You could say I'm more than mildly peeved, as I spent the last hour typing it. No way I'm typing it all again, so here are some pictures.

Pictures of the tank at the store:
    IMG_4652.jpg IMG_4662.jpg

Picture of one of the fish we liked:
    photo (1).JPG

Pictures of the fish in the tank: (the pictures really don't do them justice; first they're just taken with my phone, second they're under a dim incandescent bulb. Also the background is just a towel; I figure it beats seeing the cords instead :;smack)
    12-21-12 1.JPG 12-21-12 2.JPG 12-21-12 3.JPG 12-21-12 4.JPG

2. QQQUUUUAADDD

QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

Pretty feesh! (it's also your 5000th post ;))

3. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

Well I suppose that makes up for it then ;) Seriously though, I had an epic post written, and now it's all for naught. :( At least I have pretty red stars now! :p Also, thank you :) Hopefully I'll get some nicer pictures of them soon.

4. Magoo

Magoo Fishlore VIP Member

I do that all the time with my posts thanks to my dodgy eyes lol

Beautiful angels Zumi are they marbles?

5. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

The one with the white band is a marble, but I'm not sure about the other one. He seems like a mix between a marble and a stripey one, maybe? Thank you :)

6. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Kinda look like one of them is a widefin too! congrats on teh fish! They look nice.

7. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

I noticed the leopardy one had a pretty wide fin :) They had veiltails but since my tank isn't terribly tall (18" I think), we decided against them. Thanks you :)

8. kb9plc

kb9plc Well Known Member Member

Ooooooh, I got me some angel fish to go fish-nap :)

LOL
    Seriously thou, pretty 'feeesh'! I likey the hybrid one.
    He kinda reminds me of a blue marble...with LOTS o marbeling marks... at least the petstore pic reflected some blue off of him, I mean.

9. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

They looked bluer at the store and in the 55, it's just the ugly lights in the 10. I have many locks separating the fish from the outside world :p

10. C

How are they settling in? Angelfish can be addictive, careful.

11. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

Fortunately I am limited by tank space :p They're swimming around happily :) I put a couple pellets in; they ignored them but they were pecking at the bottom earlier so I'm sure they'll find them once they sink. I'm running home now to get a couple fake plants so they feel safer. :)

12. kb9plc

kb9plc Well Known Member Member

Yah. I agree with the above.
    I already want more. LOL

Your locks don't scare me KZ. I knowz me some good 'locksmiths'
    :;laughing

When I got mine, they weren't much into food the first few days. Long transshipping trip and all. They did pick at the bottom later. However.... once they decide that food is on the menu..... LOOK OUT. Holy buckets those little thangs are fast. Serious RAWR. Then one day I gave them bloodworms. Wow. It was like the Indy 500 in my tank.

13. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

:;nin2

14. C

My babies love those sinking earthworm pellets that I gave you. I drop one of those in and they're all on it! It breaks down real nice for them so they have something peck at for a while.

15. Jennifer26

Jennifer26 Valued Member Member

Love angel fish so graceful

16. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

Thanks CN, I'll give them one later today :)

17. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

Beautiful Angels.

Is that a leopard Angel?

18. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

I'm not really sure. He was in a tank with marbles, stripey knew, and kois. His black pattern seems a little darker than pictures of leopards I've seen online. I'm thinking maybe a marble-stripey mix?

19. C

I love your naming scheme for Angelfish. I think it should be adopted by the rest of the world.

20. Disc61

Disc61 Well Known Member Member

Wow, very nice indeed. congrats on the new fishes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice