New feesh! Again!

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by kinezumi89, Jan 25, 2013.

1. kinezumi89

kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +119
    Experience:
    3 years
    Take a look at my other threads (I'll post them later for convenience) to learn of my trials and tribulations with angels. Introducing, angel number six!

This feesh came from a reputable owner, a pet store owned by a single guy, not a chain. Big tanks, not incredibly overstocked, fish not housed together inappropriately, fish aren't sick, amazing prices, amazing selection. I'll be going here any time I can!

I met up with kb9plc too! It was fun to talk with another fish person, and I've never met someone from online in person. Nice meeting you, Fe!! :)

They had a tank with a bunch of angels. All veiltails, all beautiful! We had a hard choice to make. On one hand, my tank isn't really tall enough for a veiltail, I don't think (18"). And they're bigger than Bandicoot (my remaining tiny angel). But, my other option would be Petsmart/Petco. What if I just bought another sick angel, and made Bandicoot sick? Six of one, half dozen of the other.

I decided to take a chance and go with a veiltail. We already plan to upgrade once we move out, which won't be for 2-3 years though. But the whole front and middle of the tank is clear (tall plants/rocks along the sides and back), so I'm hoping he'll be alright for the time being.

So here he is!!! I loved his broad white band on his dorsal fin (matches Bandicoot's!), and how even the black and silver marbling is.

I don't have many good pictures or a video because I don't want to turn the lights back on. He hid in the corner for a bit after I let him in, which worried me, but he finally started swimming around. And he hasn't shown any aggression to Bandicoot at all!! Literally as soon as I let him go, Bandicoot came out of hiding. They look so cute together :)

Any guesses on his/her sex would be greatly appreciated! I'm thinking they must be opposite sexes, based on the angel of the dorsal fins.

Woo new feesh!! :D

Attached Files:

2. AlanGreene

AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +16
    Experience:
    Just started
    Great news kine!

I wish I could meet up with you guys I'm really jealous you had A fishlore date!!!

I wish you the best of luck and I just know this will go well for you :)

3. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

Ratings:
    +119
    Experience:
    3 years
    Thanks Alan! :)

4. lp89

lp89Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +2
    Experience:
    Just started
    Glad to see you're trying again!
    He/she is stunning, looking forward to a video. Is this angel as active as the tiny ones were?

5. OP
    OP
    kinezumi89

Ratings:
    +119
    Experience:
    3 years
    Not sure yet, I put him in the tank after acclimating and watched him for a few minutes to make sure he didn't continue to hide in the corner, then left the room and turned the lights off so he can settle in. He seems so big in the 10 gallon! I don't think I'd want to quarantine any larger of an angel in a 10 gallon tank.

6. zombiecat03

zombiecat03Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    Experience:
    4 years
    to Alan

How's the new job, Alan, did you start yet?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  7. AlanGreene

AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +16
    Experience:
    Just started
    Hey! No not till Wednesday! Thanks for asking friend :)

8. Cichlidnut

CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +165
    You sure do like the stripey ones don't ya? Hopefully all works out well.

9. kb9plc

kb9plcWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +20
    Experience:
    2 years
    Wow now I see how much smaller crash is! And I thought the angels at the store were decently small! Guess I'm a bad judge of size :giggle:

I think they 'match' quite well as a 'pair' (would b cute if they really did pair!) and it's a good sign thou that Crash came outta hiding quickly!

Imma say a prayer to the fish deities that this will be the start of happy angel days for you! I am sooooo hoping this stock source works out!

And it was awesome meeting u too! :)

P.S. Girl = 'Bessie' lol

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  10. AnthonyC4C

AnthonyC4CWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +5
    Experience:
    1 year
    LoL...I almost picked up a veil tale similar to your today...BUT...chose a marbled black lace and a black black lace... and 5 Dwarf Gourami's and 2 Adult Kribensis...

Sadly my other angels don't like my two new angels but the DG's and the Juvie Angels are AMAZINGLY nice with each other... no issues... its actually cute seeing them swim together as if they were a school... as your two are paling around

Become a Fishlore Member