New Feeding Scedual For Betta

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by BlissfulBetta, Jul 21, 2017.

1. BlissfulBetta

BlissfulBettaValued MemberMember

I plan to keep a scedual now so I can feed my betta a good variety.
    I currently have frozen mysis shrimp, frozen bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp, and Omega One Betta Buffet pellets. I was thinking my scedual could look like:
    Sunday: 4-5 frozen brine shrimp
    Monday: 2 frozen bloodworms
    Tuesday: 2 meals of 2 pellets
    Wednesday: 4-5 frozen brine shrimp
    Thursday: 2 frozen bloodworms
    Friday: 2 meals of 2 pellets
    Saturday: fast one week, 1 bloodworm the following week.
    I also want to include the mysis shrimp on maybe Tuesday and Saturday instead of what I have listed. How many frozen mysis shrimp should I feed?
    Thank you!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  2. DuaneV

DuaneVWell Known MemberMember

No need for a military regimented feeding schedule. Theyre bettas, its pretty easy. I feed mine pellets every week day and Saturdays they get bloodworms as a treat. Sundays I skip feedings if I remember.

3. Floundering_Around

Floundering_AroundWell Known MemberMember

I agree. Switched my betta's staple diet to pellet. He's fed MWF and on Friday I give him a heavy meal of frozen brine shrimp or freeze dried blood worms. He's then fasted over the weekend

4. OP
    OP
    BlissfulBetta

BlissfulBettaValued MemberMember

Thank you both! I just hoped to give my guy variety as he is in love with the frozen food and seem to perfer them over pellets. Thank you!:) And what is MWF?:)

5. Floundering_Around

Floundering_AroundWell Known MemberMember

Sorry, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and the fast over the weekend

6. DuaneV

DuaneVWell Known MemberMember

Bettas can become spoiled FAST! Theyre too smart for their own good sometimes. One of ours prefers bloodworms so much that she now refuses to eat anything else. Sorry, Im not giving you JUST bloodworms every day. Eat the pellets or go hungry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice