New Endler Guppy, Just A Baby Or Sick?

heybrittany
I just purchased four endler guppies from my pet supermarket. They had to order them in for me. I bought four of the cutest ones and I got them home to my cycled 5.5 gallon and the three are swimming happily, though having trouble finding flakes, but the little one is hanging out at the bottom and hiding. He is noticeably smaller than the other three so I'm wondering if he's just a baby and nervous? He looks just fine, no torn fins or spots of any kind. What's going on?
IMG_8038.JPG
If you really zoom in you can see him behind the plant behind the other three.

KimberlyG
Give him a few days. He's in a new tank. Some fish react like that. Just keep an eye on him.

heybrittany
Is it bad that he's so much smaller than the other guys?

LA58
Fish, like humans, come in all sizes. Smaller fish do prefer to play it safe when with the big guys. Give him time. Enjoy them!

heybrittany
I already love them! I'm hoping they all make it through. I've never had endlers before. Also I tried to feed them some flakes earlier and none of them ran to the top to eat them. Again is this them just being nervous in their new home?

LA58
Remember their stomach is about the size of their eyes. They will eat when they are ready.

bgclarke
Endlers are fun fish.
My endlers love flake food, but only two specific brands (Cobalt and Omega One).
They also go crazy for frozen bloodworms.

LA58
HikarI Fancy Guppy food and Fluval bug bites are my guppies favorites, but really, guppies are not picky eaters.

heybrittany
I do have the omega one super color flakes. My bettas go nuts over them.

heybrittany
Well I took the little sickly one back and exchanged him for the last they had. His tail looks a bit nipped and I'm wondering if it'll grow back? Otherwise healthy and active.

And are these guys normally skittish? They've been somewhat nervous and hanging out towards the bottom of the tank huddled together

Edited to say my filter is crazy strong for them. I turned it off to feed them and now they're everywhere. How can I make the flow less on a top fin power filter 10?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JustAFishServant
Replies
Views
Aquaphobia
  • Question
Replies
Views
BettasAreSuperior
Replies