New emerald jade neocaridina.

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
I ordered 10 USA bred emerald jade shrimp. I got 16 live ones today. Looks like 4 funky ones I will cull into another tank and watch color development. But looks like 12 good deep dark ones. I'll get better picks later when they drip aqlimate.
20200806_135112.jpg

20200806_135240.jpg

20200806_135623.jpg

20200806_135630.jpg

barbiespoodle

Lovely. I really considered the greens when I set up my new shrimp tank. Ended up going blue, mostly to appease the hubby, but still love the greens. Looks like you got a lot of nice ones and would love to see pics of them when you get them settled into their new home.

I hope they do as well as my established red tank, that tank is out of control in a good way, tons of babies and tons of beautiful shrimp, it is a constant source of entertainment. And even in my new blue tank I'm starting to see babies so have high hopes.

As far as the funky ones go, I wish I had a spare tank. I got a couple funky colored ones in my first batch of blue babies. I waited to see how they would develop, but I have to face the facts, they have a bit of red but are mostly brown and I do need to cull them since the rest of the babies are a beautiful blue and I want to keep that dark blue color. It's the culling part that is hard for me and I would be more than happy to have a cull tank, they are beautiful in their own right. Sigh, now how to talk the hubby into a cull tank and not just putting them in the 55 gallon community tank to end up being fish food.

OP
SanDiegoRedneck

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
barbiespoodle said:
Lovely. I really considered the greens when I set up my new shrimp tank. Ended up going blue, mostly to appease the hubby, but still love the greens. Looks like you got a lot of nice ones and would love to see pics of them when you get them settled into their new home.

I hope they do as well as my established red tank, that tank is out of control in a good way, tons of babies and tons of beautiful shrimp, it is a constant source of entertainment. And even in my new blue tank I'm starting to see babies so have high hopes.

As far as the funky ones go, I wish I had a spare tank. I got a couple funky colored ones in my first batch of blue babies. I waited to see how they would develop, but I have to face the facts, they have a bit of red but are mostly brown and I do need to cull them since the rest of the babies are a beautiful blue and I want to keep that dark blue color. It's the culling part that is hard for me and I would be more than happy to have a cull tank, they are beautiful in their own right. Sigh, now how to talk the hubby into a cull tank and not just putting them in the 55 gallon community tank to end up being fish food.
I cull into betta, guppy and 55 community. Some live some may not.

The greens have some variation.
20200703_192848.jpg

20200706_152022.jpg

20200706_160349.jpg

barbiespoodle

Beauties for sure. Now you have me wishing I had gone green. Just wait until you see those first babies, something I'm now going through with my new blue tank, it is so exciting. Come to think of it, I still get all excited when I see new red babies and I have to have going on 200 in that tank, it just never seems to get old.

OP
SanDiegoRedneck

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
barbiespoodle said:
Beauties for sure. Now you have me wishing I had gone green. Just wait until you see those first babies, something I'm now going through with my new blue tank, it is so exciting. Come to think of it, I still get all excited when I see new red babies and I have to have going on 200 in that tank, it just never seems to get old.
No it doesnt get old. I am excited to see babies. I have 100's of reds and blues also. And about 60 tangerine tigers.

barbiespoodle

I can't wait until I can say I have hundreds of my blues. The tank has only had the blues for about a month now, but I'm seeing babies all over the place and two berried females from the original stock. It's finally starting to get interesting.

My red tank, the tank that started this whole shrimp obsession, does have hundreds and is a totally fascinating tank to watch. I'm into the whole planted natural look and even have emersed houseplant roots which adds even more to the interest as I enjoy the plants on the outside of the tank as much as the plants on the inside, plus the shrimp love to graze on the roots.

If I could, I would set up more shrimp tanks. Problem is I have a small house and it it already has a 55 gallon community, a 20 gallon red tank and now a 10 gallon blue tank. Add to that 2 large dogs and numerous houseplants and I'm pretty much out of room. My hubbys solution is to get rid of the fish and divide the 55 gallon into separate shrimp colors, but that's not going to happen on my watch, I love my fish too, there are some in that tank that are over 10 years old, I consider them old friends and I don't consider them disposable pets.

Here are a couple pics I took just a few minutes ago of the red tank. 20200809_155900.jpg

Attachments

Renaissanista

barbiespoodle said:
There's a good chance you'll get a few green from your blues. I did.

New Threads