New Dwarf Gourami Eating Plants!

lilymcauley

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi!

I have a 45 Gallon bow front and theirs not much in it - just two German Blue Rams and two Zebra Loaches that I just got today. I just brought home my Dwarf Gouramis and floated them in the tank added them in about an hour later. They socialized a bit with my rams then began taking to my plants. It's not that they're destroying them but they're just nibbling and I'm scared that they'll ruin them. I really like the new Gourami's, please tell me if they'll ruin them.

Thank you !! :c

AquaticBrandon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I don't think dwarf gouramis eat plants. My gourami likes to hang around them and picks at the leaves but never seen him eat any.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
How many dwarf gouramis do you have now and what sex are they? I ask because most sold at the pet stores are males, and males will fight to the death if kept in the same tank. Wouldn't want you to wake up to a dead fish

lilymcauley

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The three gourami's I have are actually all male, but they've been the best of buds. No fighting, except for small skirmishes during feeding but that's it! They've stopped eating my plants and kept it to a small nibble

Thanks to all the replies!

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
They're probably still young. Once they hit sexual maturity, that could all change.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom