New Dwarf Gourami Eating Plants!

Discussion in 'Dwarf Gourami' started by lilymcauley, Aug 12, 2015.

1. lilymcauleyNew MemberMember

Hi!

I have a 45 Gallon bow front and theirs not much in it - just two German Blue Rams and two Zebra Loaches that I just got today. I just brought home my Dwarf Gouramis and floated them in the tank added them in about an hour later. They socialized a bit with my rams then began taking to my plants. It's not that they're destroying them but they're just nibbling and I'm scared that they'll ruin them. I really like the new Gourami's, please tell me if they'll ruin them.

Thank you !! :c

2. AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

I don't think dwarf gouramis eat plants. My gourami likes to hang around them and picks at the leaves but never seen him eat any.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. lilymcauleyNew MemberMember

I hope that they'll only continue to nibble on them a bit!

4. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

How many dwarf gouramis do you have now and what sex are they? I ask because most sold at the pet stores are males, and males will fight to the death if kept in the same tank. Wouldn't want you to wake up to a dead fish :(

5. lilymcauleyNew MemberMember

The three gourami's I have are actually all male, but they've been the best of buds. No fighting, except for small skirmishes during feeding but that's it! They've stopped eating my plants and kept it to a small nibble

Thanks to all the replies!

6. Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

They're probably still young. Once they hit sexual maturity, that could all change.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice