New Dwarf Cichlids.. plz help ID? - Page 2

Shawnie

I agree...you don't wanna loose any fish to keep him...LOL @ huge puppy dog eyes

Allie

Welllllll dad said... NOOOOO more tanks! LOL and I have to agree, I have too much work as it is with the six I have running now.
OF Course I DONT want to bring them back.. I feel very bad about it. BUT already the JD has gone after the huge angelfish.. which is kinda funny, seeing this little JD think he is king of the tank. (One reason why I moved the rainbows). He doesn't really do anything, but the Angel does not like it one bit and really throws a tantrum lol.. when he comes near her.
I'm going to keep the steel blue apisto and maybe the firemouth cichlid, I hear they are peaceful towards other species... maybe Allie can let me know, if she reads this. But so far I have decided that I have to bring him back.. and probably the firemouth and get the d.cichlids like I wanted to.
:-\
Yes, Shawnie.. and she has such HUGE puppy dog eyes too! lol...
Firemouths do get aggressive when breeding, but since there is only one, you could try it out. The ones we had were really aggressive, so I know I'll never keep em again.
Yes you can keep the apisto, which is good. He so cute. ;D

JDs remind me of the ugly shirts in the 70s. Disco fever. O0

Tom

Welllllll dad said... NOOOOO more tanks! LOL and I have to agree, I have too much work as it is with the six I have running now.

Only 6 tanks? That's nothing. I have 8 betta tanks alone, not to mention my 36, 37, SW, lobster, q-tank, and newt.
Tom

capekate

Only 6 tanks? That's nothing. I have 8 betta tanks alone, not to mention my 36, 37, SW, lobster, q-tank, and newt.
Tom

.. my six tanks are enough for me ...

Tom

.. my six tanks are enough for me ...

But you must let that bug bite you and make you get more tanks with more fish. I like the way your daughter thinks. >
Tom

CapeKateskid

yeah I guess I do have big eyes huh? or are u saying I have a big head that hold my big eyes??? hahahahahaaa well your birthday is coming up dear mother and just maybe there will be a tank in your future..u KNOW dad won't make u give it back >

capekate

yeah I guess I do have big eyes huh? or are u saying I have a big head that hold my big eyes??? hahahahahaaa well your birthday is coming up dear mother and just maybe there will be a tank in your future..u KNOW dad won't make u give it back >

Marc

That's an Apistogramma Borelli, like Tom said. It's one of the few apistos that are raised on farms for wholesale.

capekate

That's an Apistogramma Borelli, like Tom said. It's one of the few apistos that are raised on farms for wholesale.
HI Mark
I'm not really sure that is the Borelli, one store employee thought it may be a hybrid of the BorellI tho..
Here are a few better photos for IDing. I really wish I can tell for sure what it is. It is an aggressive little fish tho...

Marc

It is definitely a Borelli. As I said, it is one of the few Apistos that are farmed and they are fairly unique among Apistos.

capekate

HI Marc
that's for that. Now I have another photo of a apisto that I bought from the same place, and same tank, but another delivery time. Is this a more mature borellii? It looks like a german blue, but is much smaller and does not have the blue that my other GBRs had, the coloring is actually more yellow with pinkish hues on the body and a clear turqouis dot on its side. What do you think?

Marc

It is a German Blue Ram. No doubt about it. Probably a female.

Butterfly

It is a German Blue Ram. No doubt about it. Probably a female.
Yep I agree. that little of pink/purple on it's belly gives it away as a female.
Carol

capekate

Thanks Marc and Butterfly for the ID!
I suspected it was a female. I had a few male GBRs but never a female. I noticed that the black first rays are even with the rest of the dorsal fin, as described to be a female. I'm happy to know that it is in fact a GBR, as I always loved them. Now I have to find a male for her, but its going to be awhile til I get the tank perimeters back up where they should be due to a minI cycle I'm going through at the moment.
I have two male Bolivians in the tank with her is there any chance that they may breed together? I hope not...
thanks so much for your help! ~ kate

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
RonJ
Replies
Views
Omegaman69
Replies
Views
Kels723
Replies