New Driftwood Question

trinity28

I am setting up some new tanks and just got some driftwood pieces for them. A few of the pieces are at least a foot long and one in particular is about two feet long. Does anyone have any tips for getting them waterlogged so they don’t float? I was able bury a few under substrate but the others are either too big or too strong. I would have boiled them but I don’t have pots that large. What can I do to get them to sink? Right now they’re just floating on top of the tanks.

SinisterCichlids

Boiling will help it become waterlogged, maybe you could boil half of it and then flip it over?
- You could try tying it down with fish line to rocks/heavy decor.
- You could put small holes into ceramic tile pieces and zip tie it down where the ceramic is covered by the substrate.
- You could get a bucket/garbage can if necessary and put weight on the wood to keep it submerged. Hot water may help. This will take a while though.
- I don't suggest this personally, but I have a friend who put it in the dishwasher with no soap and swore it worked...

Eventually, the driftwood will sink, it can take a while though. Best of luck!

trinity28

O
Matthew7812 said:
Boiling will help it become waterlogged, maybe you could boil half of it and then flip it over?
- You could try tying it down with fish line to rocks/heavy decor.
- You could put small holes into ceramic tile pieces and zip tie it down where the ceramic is covered by the substrate.
- You could get a bucket/garbage can if necessary and put weight on the wood to keep it submerged. Hot water may help. This will take a while though.
- I don't suggest this personally, but I have a friend who put it in the dishwasher with no soap and swore it worked...

Eventually, the driftwood will sink, it can take a while though. Best of luck!
Ok thanks for your suggestions!

kallililly1973

Rinse them off with some boiling water and Let them float till they sink then arrange them how you want them

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom