New Discus What Do You Think?

Jacceber123
I just bought my 6th discus. My other 5 are stunted although 2 of them may be not that bad as they are growing quite quickly. Today I picked up a red pigeon blood. Tell me what you think he seems to have a nice size and shape although I’m new into discus so I could be wrong. I love all my discus though no matter the shape or size.
Don’t mind the yellow tint to the water I have a new piece of driftwood so it is leaching tannins still.

IMG_5298.JPG

trash.binh91
Nice fish! What's your tank like?

Jacceber123
Nice fish! What's your tank like?

Thank you I am still learning about discus and their shapes and stunted vs good quality discus etc but I love them so much. I am trying my very first natural tank. Java fern, Crypts, and Malaysian driftwood. So the layout isn’t finished I’m just trying to add to it slowly I need a lot more plants. Will be adding a few more discus as well.

Image1532133323.237206.jpg

trash.binh91
that's really nice, so how are the other fish stunted? did you rescue them?

Dawn Michele
Gorgeous Discus!!!

Jacceber123
that's really nice, so how are the other fish stunted? did you rescue them?

No a local fish store had them for sale, and at that point I had done tons of research on the breed and how to care for them but wasn’t aware that some discus can be stunted. But later found out through research and opinions etc that they are in fact stunted. I still love them equally though. Lots of feedings and water changes and they’re starting to grow so that’s good.

Jacceber123
trash.binh91
No a local fish store had them for sale, and at that point I had done tons of research on the breed and how to care for them but wasn’t aware that some discus can be stunted. But later found out through research and opinions etc that they are in fact stunted. I still love them equally though. Lots of feedings and water changes and they’re starting to grow so that’s good.
Oh. That makes sense.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
86 ssinit
Replies
Views
nikm128
Replies
Views
Outsider1911
Replies