New Discus tank build coming up! [emoji4]

tiffani

I was going to wait until next year, but I’m inspired now to upgrade my 46 gallon bow front & get a larger set up for my discus & angels. I really want a nice looking tank & stand because this is particular set up is in my bedroom, so they are the first thing I see in morning, last thing at night.
So, it’s very important to me that the aquarium/stand is professional & nice looking, not just some huge 4-5 ft long rectangular tank taking up all my bedroom space.
So, does anyone have any suggestions on a tall type of aquarium and stand, it can be bow front, moon, TV shaped or designer shape that’s 65 gallons or bigger for my fish. I will not relocate this discus & angel tank- I feel like that would traumatize them. They like seeing us all the time, they’re very spoiled.
I’ve been looking here & there, but I’ve not really found nothing eye catching. Looked at petco & Petsmart, I like the tall tanks- not so much the dark colors. All my walls are sky blue, my bedroom furniture is white & my recliners are a tan/taupe color. My laminate flooring is light oak as well. Aquariums used to come in many colors- light oak, dark oak, now you get black & that’s pretty much it.
Any suggestions folks? Especially any lighter colored aquarium set ups! I’ll even take a silver colored set up.

max h

Something you can do is look on craigslist for a stand and maybe a tank used. Stands made for a 75 gallon tank will also hold a 90 and 110 gallon tank footprints. One thing to think about the stand needs to be 30" tall compared to a 36" tall stand. If you decided to go with a 36" tall stand and then a 110 gallon tall aquarium the top rI'm would be 66" off the floor. Just cleaning would require a step stool or ladder to reach the substrate, plus you would end up being wet up to the shoulder or more with a 30" tall tank. A 90 gallon tank is about 48x18x24" which is plenty deep enough.

tiffani

Something you can do is look on craigslist for a stand and maybe a tank used. Stands made for a 75 gallon tank will also hold a 90 and 110 gallon tank footprints. One thing to think about the stand needs to be 30" tall compared to a 36" tall stand. If you decided to go with a 36" tall stand and then a 110 gallon tall aquarium the top rI'm would be 66" off the floor. Just cleaning would require a step stool or ladder to reach the substrate, plus you would end up being wet up to the shoulder or more with a 30" tall tank. A 90 gallon tank is about 48x18x24" which is plenty deep enough.

Hello
Ok, thanks. I’m wanting a tank length about 36 inches & tall. Craigslist didn’t have much on it where I’m located. I really like this one..... just not so much the color. I don’t have a entire wall to devote to this tank because it is in my bedroom.

IMG_3439.JPG

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Sb092
Replies
Views
LadyS
Replies
Views
Onewolf
Replies