New Digs! Pics! :)

bettaloulou

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Check out my betta's new (temporary) abode!

The first picture is when I first got him about 2 weeks ago, and the other pictures are from tonight in his new place. Besides the little hunk missing out of his tail (still have no idea how that happened, it started as a little pinhole) it seems like he has some new fin growth. He is flaring up much bigger now, and he is actually a halfmoon!

His colors look a little more orangey than they actually are..

Attachments

uprightandlocked

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
His tank looks very nice, I bet he enjoys having space to spread his fins! I know the tank isn't very deep, but he might also enjoy a broad-leafed plant near the surface for him to sleep on at night and rest during the day!

Beautiful looking guy!

Borisbbadd

Very nice !!!

hooxeii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
He looks very happy How long has he had the chunk missing from his tail?

bettaloulou

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
not very long now..3 or 4 days maybe? I hava panicked post about it on here somewhere..It started as a very tiny hole, then the next day it was bigger, and by the next day it had ripped to the end. It looked for a while like another one might have been forming, but I think it has healed up

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I like the tank, it's very simple but looks amazing! Also, that last pic is spot on, nothing like some attitude to start the day!

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

Beautiful boy and I love his home. The bubble on the glass, I feel, adds a lot to the photo too. Very neat! Thanks for sharing. I like the idea of giving him a tall silk plant so he can reach the surface easier and to sleep and rest on. Yeah for the terracotta pot!

Ken

bettaloulou

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks all! Yeah I'm thinking about finding something closer to the top, I'm just trying to keep from spending too much more money on this tank since its just temporary until my bigger one finishes cycling. The bigger one is planted, and I do have a plant that grows big leaves near the surface. I could probably get a suction cup though and hook it up to a leaf (the ones on the bottom now are silk and I have a ton leftover) Then I could put that near the top....Ive seen similar sold in pet stores as a "betta hammock"

aquariumgirl lauren

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have a betta hammock! But none of my bettas use it lol

jeniferdwn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
very pretty fish! Like the flower pot in the tank.

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
gorgeous boy

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads