New Danios

Meganliiz

I have about 7 zebra Danios currently that are all full grown and bought 3 new ones today. However, I didn't realize how small these Danios were until starting to acclimate them to my current tank. My largest danio is about 3x the size of the smallest I bought today. I'm not sure now if it's a good idea to release these 3 new ones into my tank or if setting them aside in a smaller tank I have is a better option until they've gotten a little bigger? Ik a school is 5 but I'm worried about these little ones getting attacked by the larger danios. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

veggieshark

Are you sure your bigger danios are zebra danios? They might be giant danios, in which case they can hurt your new ones. If they are all zebras, they should be OK (unless the new ones are baby size). So how small or large these are?

Upvote 0

Meganliiz

They're definitely zebra danios. My largest is probably 2 1/2 to 3 inch and is 2 years old and these new ones range from 1/2 inch to 1inch. I bought them at a pet store so I assumed they'd be big enough just unsure because it's such a large size difference.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
20 Gallon Tank Is this a danio?
Replies
Views
Lakefish
  • Question
Replies
Views
Jen9
  • Question