29 Gallon Tank New cories

mcurtissdsu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi everybody,

I just finished getting my 29 gallon with my one angelfish and two guppies all set up. Once everything is stabilized, I'd really love to add a little school of cories. I'd like to have a school of 6. How should I add them? 1 at a time, 2 at a time, the whole school at once? Any suggestions would be helpful

mcurtissdsu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I will have a Q tank. I moved my fish and all the gravel, decor, and filter media from a 10 gallon that was not completely cycled to the 29 gallon yesterday. Once it is cycled, I will set the 10 gallon back up and cycle that to make it a Q tank. I've been trying to get the 10 gallon to cycle for a loooonnng time [since December, with several cycle restarts along the way ]. Hopefully I will have better luck with a larger volume of water. I still have quite some time before I will be getting the cories, just trying to do some research first

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would add them all together, they are more comfortable in schools. (and more active typically)

mcurtissdsu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'd like to get the pygmy cories if I can find them. I'm concerned that if I get 5 or 6 regular cories, I'll be overstocked with my angelfish and two guppies. Don't they grow to be 3-4"?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom