New Cories

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by xloe, Apr 16, 2018.

1. x

xloe Valued Member Member

I got my first cories today. I wasn't sure I wanted them before, I guess because they don't really wow me with their looks (yes, I'm shallow:dead:). But my mystery snails 'mysteriously' kicked the bucket all of a sudden a few weeks ago (the nerites are fine, so idk), so I got the cories just to see how I like them.
    They have been out of the bag for like 2 hours now and they are so f-in adorable and funny to watch. And I'm not really the kind that call fish "adorable".
    I'm hoping these do well (duh); there have been too many around here lately that have been having trouble with cories, which kind of makes me nervous.
    Anyways, on to my questions finally.
    These guys look like their on something fun, like they are crazy hyperactive....I'm hoping that's just their normal personality?? Like every once in a while one stops moving for like 2 seconds and I'm like oops, looks like one's dead (because I'm just optimistic like that), and then it notices I'm watching it and it goes all crazy wiggly again. My other fish are so boring now.
    And my other bottom dwellers are bolivian rams, which do not stir up the tank at all. The snails don't really either. Well these guys are kicking up junk like crazy. Like plant junk and fish poop I think, because I'm positive I don't overfeed. Substrate is dark so I never really see any of it, and I don't vacuum like ever because I have a lot of plants, so I just clean out the stuff that gets thrown up when I do water changes, and leave the rest on the bottom, you know for fertilizer and stuff. So is this bad for the cories? Or what do I do about it?
    Thanks

2. heybrittany

heybrittany Valued Member Member

I would maybe start vacuuming a little more. I don't think it's necessarily bad though. If your plants seem to miss it though maybe go back to doing less?

3. TexasGuppy

TexasGuppy Well Known Member Member

Some Cory's are sensitive, pandas especially I've read. Mine go crazy more so after a water change. My amanos also. I wasn't vacuuming well either, but lost two pandas. I now vacuum well every water change. Not sure that was the cause, but haven't lost any since.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice