New corals not opening?

ApistoG06

Reaction score
Hi all,
Have recently got some more corals, was really excited. I’m not sure if it was improper acclimation (which is unlikely) or my params are off, but two of the new corals seem to be upset. Firstly, my acans seem very small, they have eaten today and have their feeding tentacles out. My params are all good, Alk 10 ( which is usual) nitrite 0 Amon is 0, nitrate a bit high, but done a water changed and cleaned out filter socks so if it is that it is undercontroll. My blasto has also not been opening, is it usual for it to still be closed as it has only been two days, or should I be worried?
953C3B16-9E22-4B90-B926-B56CF56E38EC.jpeg
0B70E5B0-785D-4001-A922-83F1E1EAE4AB.jpeg

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Giving this a bump up for you hope our salty members can help you today

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
They don’t look too bad. Any updates? Also what was your nitrates. For a reef they should be under 20ppm. If not you need to change something or you won’t be successful.

RDcompton03

Reaction score
You might try relocating them to a different part of the tank. Could be too much/little current or to bright or not enough lighting for them. Some can be pretty fussy about their location. If you can feed them. Get some mysis shrimp to lay right on the mouth of the coral it should extend tentacles and eat it.

New Threads