New Constipation Helper Folks - Possible Help for Owners who cannot use Peas!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
During my reading I found a suggestion for fiber to be added to a diet in Bettas by the use of Daphnia and found it in Freeze dried form at the PetSmart online store.  I am now feeding an extremely small amount of this to my bettas at noon every day as a small snack to keep them regulated.  they love it. and I am hoping to do away with peas.  This is a totally natural and normal thing for your fish to eat.  It cannot however be used as the fish's only source of food as it does not have sufficient nutrition to fill their needs.

this is a large container and holds about 1 cup of daphnia so don't let the weight fool you. It will last quite a while.

This may be a great help for those of you who cannot get your little friends to eat peas or other veggies when they have a constipation problem or who have had a bad problem and for those of you just wanting to prevent a problem by using a small amount every day to keep your little friends regular.  It does have to be a snack and not to replace a meal unless they are already constipated and then they can have a very small amount to replace a meal after a 24 hour fast with no food given at all.

Rose

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Rose! I may try it, even though my boys actually like peas. "An ounce of prevention......"

S.

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
might be a good idea for those who make u think they chew but don't! and then they go and get extremely constipated!!

i might try that

thanx

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My little ones love peas too and will continue to get them occasionally for treats but there are times when I just do not have the time to feed 5 Bettas peas and it does take some time to make sure everyone gets their fair share. This way it is kind of like a "Metamucil" for fish and they all get a tiny dose every day, just a few grains, but they all are going ga-ga over it. All I have to do is get the canister out and Marty starts doing a fishy dance in front of the little feeding door. It really is quite funny. This is however like any other food, just don't overdo it. Just a few little specks.

Rose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom