New Ciano Aquarium. Newbie Not Happy And Now Desperate Seeking Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

coco_channelle

Reaction score
Hi all

I am wondering if anyone can shed any light on my problem, I bought a new ciano 60 aquarium and followed all the instructions, CF 80 filter is just not working and i looked at the manual. I have used a sand gravel base, not sure if it is too much, However this morning the filter was making a loud noise so i unplugged it and turned it off. The water is murky and looks dirty.
Have i done something wrong? missed a step, the water is also not as warm as i think it should be only around 20 degrees, according to the thermomenter.

I did not expect it too look this dirty this morning, ther are no you tube videos on this. I painstakingly cleaned the substrate yesterday in small amounts unitl the water ran Clear so do not think, but not usre that is the problem. i washed the rocks and the plants were dead before when i took them out of the bag so did not plant them

So happy for any advice, as now i am removing the water and thinking it s best to start again. YET need to now how to make the filter work and ensure the water stays Clear and not this murky dirty looking tank.

Thank you

Aphelion0

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
When did you first set the tank up? It's perfectly normal to get cloudy water for the first few days after filling a new tank. It goes away after a while, once things settle and your filter starts doing some work. It's very unlikely to be caused by the rocks and things in your tank.

I don't have much experience with cannister filters, but hopefully someone else can chime in with some thoughts on the lous noise. You might just need to turn the thermostat up a notch on your heater.

OP
C

coco_channelle

Reaction score
thank you so much for Your reply, i had to change the water in the aquarium as the filter was not working, no idea how i fixed the filter problem but it is working now and I now have a lovely Crystal Clear Fish tank, just need to find an appropiate aquarium for my beta, F1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom