New Celestial pearl danio was sucked into filter

altwitch

Reaction score
I hate to say it but an event like that could cause a number of different types of injuries, either to fins but more likely something more neurological or to vision possibly. I always give injured fish a fighting chance and recommend giving it time to see what happens, but I'm not optimistic about the eventual outcome. We had that happen to some of our fish due to oxygen deprivation from a filter failure and they didn't last a week presumably due to something akin to brain damage. Honestly best thing I would recommend is to get or fashion a foam or nylon (panty hose work well) cover for your filter so it doesn't happen again and continue to care for Danielle the best you can until she recovers or passes.

OP
Babnox

Babnox

Reaction score
altwitch said:
I hate to say it but an event like that could cause a number of different types of injuries, either to fins but more likely something more neurological or to vision possibly. I always give injured fish a fighting chance and recommend giving it time to see what happens, but I'm not optimistic about the eventual outcome. We had that happen to some of our fish due to oxygen deprivation from a filter failure and they didn't last a week presumably due to something akin to brain damage. Honestly best thing I would recommend is to get or fashion a foam or nylon (panty hose work well) cover for your filter so it doesn't happen again and continue to care for Danielle the best you can until she recovers or passes.
She’s doing better swi
altwitch said:
She’s doing better swimming, not at the top or at an angle she sleeps under a log at night and comes out in the day her fins are still clamped I treated the entire tank for parasites and bacterial infections. Here’s the most updated pic let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

New Threads