New cats.

1. mosin360 Well Known Member Member

I finally found a LFS that had some cory cats last Wed and today I was able to go get them. The plan was to just get four now but they had five and I would've felt bad leaving one so I got all five.

These are my first bottom feeders so I got some algae wafers for them. They are still in the bag but boy do they want out. I'll post some pictures later.

Very excited to see how they do once out of the bag.

2. redlessi Well Known Member Member

What kind did you get? I have panda and bronze and they are really cool.

3. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Congratulations! Can't wait for the pics.

4. mosin360 Well Known Member Member

Not really sure myself. They do have quite a few spots on them so off the top my head, I'd say spotted?

Going to try to get my woman's nice camera and see if I can do some good pictures tomorrow.

Funny, they took about 10 minutes to check the place out and than they started to go to town. Quite funny to see their tails up in the air. Haha.

Attached Files:

5. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

6. mosin360 Well Known Member Member

Yeah, I'd say the pictures from that link sure do look like my guys. Thanks for helping with the ID.

I tell ya, so far they are pretty shy when I get near but otherwise they are active. Kinda funny, I think this is the first time I seen my Danios spend so much time at the top of the tank.

7. bubblefish Member Member

Congrats. I'll be interested to know if they will eat the algae wafers. Mine won't so I feed them the Hikari sinking wafers for bottom feeders, loaches and catfish.

8. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning. Congrats on the new fish! they are beautiful. Glad to hear everything is going well. I feed my cory cats shrimp pellets. Too, they forage all over the tank during feeding time and also get food that the larger fish expel through their gills.
    Keep us posted!
    Ken

9. mosin360 Well Known Member Member

Yup, they ate the wafer. They appear to be quite active this morning so everything is going good so far.

10. GoGreen Well Known Member Member

:;balloonsCongrats on your new cories, they look great, I love cories, they have become one of my favourite fish! Five of them together must be fun to watch, I have a pair of bronze cories and now two pandas.

11. mosin360 Well Known Member Member

Very happy to report that they are still all doing well. They are eating the algae waffer pretty fast now and I also see them messing about on the bottom. I've seen this one pair playing together quite a bit and last night I seen another pair start doing the same thing. Wonder if baby catfish are in the future. Haha.

I think the Danios finally figured out that the new fish won't eat them so they been hanging out in the middle now with some of the more brave ones near the bottom. The Honey couldn't care less and goes wherever he wants. Haha.

12. mosin360 Well Known Member Member

Quick update. Would appear they had laid some eggs on my heater so we'll see what happens in a week. I assume they or any of the other fish would eat the fry. Yesterday was the first time I seen them really shy so I blamed the dogs for that just because I could. :D

They'd come out of the hiding spot for a quite bite or two of food then run back in so eh, whatever they want is fine as long as they are healthy. I'm also quite happy that I didn't leave one at the LFS as they really do like to play and 'school' so I would've really felt bad for leaving one.

13. agabr123 Fishlore VIP Member

congrats! cories are some of my favorite fish, they're so active! :)

14. Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Congrats on the peperred cories