New Catfish!

Discussion in 'Pleco - Plecostomus' started by NCE12940, Jul 18, 2015.

1. NCE12940

NCE12940Well Known MemberMember

Got 3 clown panaques today. They'd been given to the LFS when a client moved so I got them free on the stipulation that if they ever breed I give them some babies. I think I have 1 male and 2 females.
    rsz_20150718_134938.jpg

2. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Awesome! :D

3. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Nice! Congrats!

4. OP
    OP
    NCE12940

Well, scratch part of that! The one in the photo I'm pretty sure is‚Äč a clown but the other two now appear, on closer inspection, to be chaetostoma of some sort! Remains to be seen...

5. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Pics of them?

6. OP
    OP
    NCE12940

At the moment no good photos. Hopefully tomorrow.

7. aliray

alirayFishlore VIPMember

WOW congrats. We are going to have to call you the Pleco Queen. Time for more tanks. :;hi1Alison

8. OP
    OP
    NCE12940

I have 4 empty tanks and nowhere to put them! :eek: Won't have any more pictures for awhile - there are about 3-4 more of these guys at the LFS. They're only open on weekends and the clerk is going to be gone all this week. So, plan is next week sometime I'll go in when they're *closed* and we'll take more photos so I can get the chaetostomas identified by the experts on PlanetCatfish. The 2 I have here are in a heavily planted tank & I'd have to tear it apart to catch them so no photos here!

9. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

Niceeeeeee !!! Be aware chaetostomas are more carnivorious than often thought.

10. OP
    OP
    NCE12940

I know, and I'm not thrilled about that and will eventually separate the 2 groups - when I figure out where I can set up another tank...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice