New Brackish Tank Setup

Zealot

So I just purchased a 29gal aquarium with the intention of turning it into a brackish setup. I'm leaning towards a higher salinity level, possibly with anomones. I'm just wondering what kind of fish or inverts I could keep in such a tank. If not what other brackish fish besides mollies, puffers or dragon gobies would I be able to stock. (I would be looking at a Green spotted puffer but I already have a puffer species and want to diversify a bit). In a normal brackish setup.

scottishduck

I really want a bumblebee goby set up myself.

jpm995

Archer fish are cool and monos and scats are very hardy fish. Adults may be too big for a 29 gal though.

scottishduck

Archer fish are cool and monos and scats are very hardy fish. Adults may be too big for a 29 gal though.

I also thought about archer fish. From what I understand, to get the real benefit of having archer fish, you need a tall aquarium or to put a screen tank on top of it so that you can have some air space above it to feed it live insects though. I suppose a 29 filled only 12 inches with 6 inches of air space could work though.

jpm995

I had one in a 130 gal indoor pond. I thought I had a roof leak as I kept getting water drops on my head. Took a week to realize he was spitting at me to feed him. Would love to setup a large pond again for brackish species.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Joshaeus
  • Question
Replies
Views
ChrissFishes01
Replies
Views
Rojer Ramjet
Replies