new born mollys Question

1. d

djorna Valued Member Member

I looked in my tank on the weekend and noticed I have 14 baby fish in there.
    its been 4 days and they have not been eaten I was wondering if someone can tell me when they would be at a safe size to give to my lfs thanks Dave.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Most LFS won't take them until their a couple of months old at least.
    Carol

3. Alcmiller

Alcmiller Valued Member Member

I think the best thing you could do is just go and ask them if they'll take them and at what time. Or give 'em a call. Whatever works, ya.

4. OP
    OP
    d

djorna Valued Member Member

ok thanks, I have a friend that wants a couple I just need to know how big or old they should be before I let them go.

5. e_watson09

e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I always just wait until they get about the size I could imagine seeing in the tanks at the LFS. If they're still way small compared to them I would just keep them for a while

6. konstargirl

konstargirl Well Known Member Member

My LFS takes fry while the other one didn't. So not every LFS store takes fry. The LFs that takes fry puts them in the basement of there store and I guess they take care of them until they are big enough for them to be saled for.

So try calling stores. Like I said, some stores will love to take your fry while others don't.

7. platy ben

platy ben Well Known Member Member

My LFS take my fry once the fry are strong swimmers and feed well :)