New Bolivian Ram. Yay!

fishmom82

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my excitement with someone. My husband could care less ️
I picked this guy (I think) up this afternoon and as soon as he was in the tank he was out and about foraging for food on the bottom of the tank. He seems very bold and doesn't hide when I come near the tank. I'm pretty impressed. He has met my DG and seems uninterested, that being said, my DG didn't seem too happy about the new roommate but he just took off and chased some tetras.
He/She is very small though. A little bit smaller than my adult Cory Cats. But a gorgeous fish. image

musserump09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Good they like establish tanks. I'm glad you were able to find food right away. Mine was picky like most of them. Just keep a eye on your DG since they could be trying to establish new territories.

What other tank mates?

Piaelliott

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new fish! He is beautiful!!!! Those husbands
I have been looking into Bolivian Rams too and thought he looks different All the ones I have seen were a lot paler. How tiny he looks next to the Cory!

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Only difference is they need higher temps, where bolivians need it 74-78 GBRs need it 80-82+. You may come across info that says that bolivians are hardier than GBRs but I wouldn't worry about that.

fishmom82

Reaction score
Only difference is they need higher temps, where bolivians need it 74-78 GBRs need it 80-82+. You may come across info that says that bolivians are hardier than GBRs but I wouldn't worry about that.
I keep my tank at 79. How will that affect him? Or my other fish if I raise the temp?

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
According to the temps given by SF, those fish should be OK with it, imo.
I'd add two more x-ray tetras, though, as they should be in groups of 6+.

fishmom82

Reaction score
I was planning on getting more X-ray tetras but I'm not too fond of them and was thinking of rehoming them for another schooling fish. I was looking at cherry barbs. Any suggestions?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom