New Black/Brown Marks on Blood Parrot Cichlids Fins?

Cherrynix

5EA9B5CC-9453-4E4B-8772-8D5EC917CE90.jpeg
Hi all,Toto is an extremely healthy, happy fish. He is swimming normally, eating normally, and all water levels is his tanks are normal (0 ammonia, nitrate, carbonate). Tank is 82 degrees. The black along his spine has been there for as long as I’ve had him.
Tonight he developed some new brownish marks on his fins. What is this?? Can anyone help? He’s in his tank alone, no stress from other fish.
Thanks!

AggressiveAquatics
Black spots can come and go for many reasons such as poor water quality which it doesn’t seem like you have, stress or just color changes. It will go away in a few days and I especially wouldn’t worry about it because it’s really light. I’ve had a couple almost all black before because of stress of moving.

Cherrynix
AggressiveAquatics said:
Black spots can come and go for many reasons such as poor water quality which it doesn’t seem like you have, stress or just color changes. It will go away in a few days and I especially wouldn’t worry about it because it’s really light. I’ve had a couple almost all black before because of stress of moving.
Thank you! Yeah I did a 25% water change this morning so perhaps that spooked him a bit. He still hates the siphon! Hides in his cave the whole time.

fallfever
I have a pair in a 65 that are a couple of years old. It's typical of parrots, especially when they are young, sometimes even long black streaks that do make you want to panic. They can be worsened by stress but it is rarely cause for concern. As always, keep up with your water parameters and all will be good. Mine are almost the size of softballs and somehow manage to disappear when water changes occur. All is forgiven when blood worms make an entrance. Great fish, enjoy him.

Cherrynix
fallfever said:
I have a pair in a 65 that are a couple of years old. It's typical of parrots, especially when they are young, sometimes even long black streaks that do make you want to panic. They can be worsened by stress but it is rarely cause for concern. As always, keep up with your water parameters and all will be good. Mine are almost the size of softballs and somehow manage to disappear when water changes occur. All is forgiven when blood worms make an entrance. Great fish, enjoy him.
Toto’s weakness is freeze dried krill....forgives any and all water changes! He’s like a little dog, I’ve never been so attached to a fish before!

fallfever
Boy, do they take great pictures Adorable fish. I'm going to replace photos of my children with mine.

Cherrynix
fallfever said:
Wanted to mention that they went away in days thanks again!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom