New bettas on their way...Wednesday arrival.

chickadee
Well they arrive in Denver tonight and should arrive at my house on Wednesday. It seems like it has been a year since I found out they were coming and I have their houses ready for them for the first few weeks. The Turbostart700 is in the fridge waiting for them to arrive so I can use it to cycle the tanks for them both.

Diablo will be in the 9 gallon Kritter Keeper type thing and MartyIII is going into the 5 gallon one as he will be moving into the 25 gallon tank when his quarantine is over. I will be sitting on needles and pins until the next 36 hours are over and the DHL man comes and deposits the little package at Mom's house. The weather is perfect and staying in the upper 50's for the next week so they should have an easy trip.

I will post pictures when they have had time to settle in and get comfy and cute.

Rose
(I still think we need a nail-biting smiley)

Allie
Woo hoo!! Can't wait for pixs!

kra-z-fishmumm
So happy for you,,,keeping everything crossed that all goes well.

Debbie

Lucy
Great news, can't wait to see pics!

COBettaCouple
Congrats Rose.. I thought about calling Linda to help with this order (and sneak a peak at your bettas) but between being sick today and our Ameca fry surprising me this afternoon I didn't get to. Can't wait to see them when you get the little ones!

Blub
Hi!

Congrats on the new Betta Rose! I can't wait to see pics and maybe movies.hoto:

KonaBoy
We're anxiously waiting Hopefully all is well when they get there

nmwierman1977
I can't wait until you get them. I'm so excited for you.Can't wait to see pics. Natalie

chickadee
I will have to admit to being totally distracted and not worth much today. It will probably not be a night for sleeping. I am so happy that the weather is behaving and not cold or I know that I would not sleep a wink.

I have their pictures posted by my bed already and they will have nice warm beds to go into when they arrive. They will come to my Mom's place as I am not sure which home I will be at. I am still at her place a lot of the time as she is still handicapped with a broken arm. But I live 25 feet from her so it will not be hard to transfer them to their new digs...I am going to be on needles and pins and can hardly wait.

This is like having grandchildren. You can do nothing but wait. I got them on the 10th of March so this has been a long wait.

They will not have lights for the first couple of days other than a very small one so the pictures may not be the very best but I do intend to make a few small changes in at least the larger tank to make it better in my next DFS order, I got a better light.

In case any of you have not seen them, I will show them off again here they are...

KonaBoy
I think the CT is absolutely stunning

pamd
They are two of the very most beautiful bettas I've ever seen. Thinking of you and them and wishing for a safe, happy arrival, Rose!

AggieYen
One more sleep, Rose!!! Almost here!!!

voiceless_kat
Ahh Rose, at last!!! They are so beautiful and I know you are so anxious. Imagine how they must feel...LOL. If they only knew the kind of loving home that they are coming to....please send fish hugs and we are waiting for pics!!

Hugs, Val & Finned and Fur Ball Friends

COBettaCouple
Yea, the weather's been perfect for your Bettas here Rose.

miker
WOW..so pretty!!

chickadee
Thanks guys and gals, I was right... no sleep last night.. could not get the feeling of two little mites being out in the world literally floating about in a box. Of course there are HUNDREDS of little mites out there in those boxes last night but for some reason this made it no better.

I decided not to work until they are here this morning and when they get here I am going to SPOIL them...they are not going to be able to believe...well I will have to practice some restraint.

But, yes, there will be pictures I promise.

Rose

capekate
HI Rose,
I'm sure you are on pins and needles... listening for the mail truck to show up outside your door! ;D They usually deliver express mail in the am right?
Awwww... I am so excited for you and your new babies. How I wish I could get a beauty of a Betta myself.. some day I will tho. My guys are special enough.. but its so much fun to get a 'new' one.
BTW I know just what your saying.. about them being shipped all around in those boxes.. in the pitch dark. I feel bad for all of them too... Especially the long trip from another country. :-\ poor lil guys.. just don't know what's going on... but they sure will be happy to have you as their new Mom! ;D
We know you will be busy with them.. please, just a quick note to let us know they arrived safe and sound.. and then we can wait for more news.
;D it would make us all feel better knowing the best!
~ kate

chickadee
Shades of Natalie, they did not come today. I got a notification from DHL saying that the shipment was made and then an e-mail from Linda Olson saying that she did not ship them. They will come Thursday...I am getting too nervous about this. I chose not to have them sent Express Mail as we are rural and they will not guarantee overnight delivery even though we are not that far from Denver. It would still be two days. So I chose DHL thinking that they would be here today and now she does not even send them.

I swore I would never do this again with the overseas shipment and all and this clinches it. I will never do it again. It just takes too long. I will go with a US breeder and then I can get my fish direct and not have to go through all this.

I know that they are okay though. She told me that she had them and they were fine from their trip from Thailand. She repackaged them and they went out today from Denver. I better get them tomorrow.

We are doing one of the celebrations of Mom's birthday Friday with some members of our church. She is going to be 80 on Sunday and I have to cook lunch for them all and so I will not have the proper time to spend with new fish that day. I baked the bread and crusts for the pies today when I found out that the fish were not coming today so I would have a headstart. If I get the pie fillings made tomorrow and the sweet potatoes cooked (Ham & Turkey breast, sweet potatoes, salads (church members are each bringing a salad), relishes, homemade oatmeal bread, butter and jams, coffee, tea, pop, and pie (lemon meringue, banana cream, chocolate with meringue, French Silk Chocolate, Cherry Cream, New York Style Cheesecake, apple with cinnamon ice cream, pecan) I have been cooking all week (mainly baking) and I really did not need another wrinkle.

Rose

capekate
HI Rose,
Sorry to hear of the delay in shipping. After expecting them today I can only imagine how you must feel. Its a good thing actually that you have been so busy baking.. at least it takes your mind off it... somewhat that is. I love to bake... I find it a great stress releaser.
BUT ALL those desserts listed? OMG... now you've gone and made me so hungry for a great tasting pie! lol... hmmm I do have a bit of a piece of apple pie that I made for my husband the other day left...( noo.. nooo.. no.. have to restrain myself!) ..ok... better now.
Happy Birthday to your MOM...btw.. ;D Sounds like you are going to be pretty busy the next few days. Hope you get some sleep tonight.. and that your babies arrive just fine tomorrow.
~ kate

chickadee
LOL Yes I love baking and pies are kind of my specialty. I used to make 4 or 5 pies a day when my husband was alive and had business meetings almost every night at home but it has been a while and I am having to practice up. I started the other day at 5am and did not get finished until noon with the first part of the baking and tomorrow looks to be kind of the same way except the things will be in shorter bursts. I can leave them if I have to for short periods of time. SO if the fish get here, I will be okay tomorrow. The each have a drip acclimation device to get them going so I do not have to be there the whole time. I will check in on them every few minutes if I absolutely have to leave them otherwise I hope to have the major baking done by the time they get here. DHL is usually around here right after lunch.

Rose

Allie
I lost my bid on my white ct. I know all about gliches now. Someone waited to bid until someone else bid, me. Bugger won. I would have out bid him if my bf wasn't working on the pc all yesterday afternoon & evening.
I hope you get your fishies soon. Now I must go pick out another one. Hrmph!

pamd
It's okay, Allie. With auctions, you have to take a c'est la vie attitude. You should have put on the very highest bid you were willing to make, and you probably did. He's a gorgeous, gorgeous fish and I know you must be disappointed to not have won him. There is another fish out there waiting to win you!

Lucy
HI Rose,
I sure hope your babies come today. At least you have things to keep you busy. The food sounds so good. Happy Birthday to your mom.

COBettaCouple
Hey Rose. Yea, they're often delayed a day since the shipments tend to come in around 9-10pm (or later), then an hour or so getting out of the airport & back across town.

Looking forward to seeing your new babies. They'll get there today & be happy swimming before long.

voiceless_kat
My Friend, I thought I should give you a heads up ..........I will be there for dinner on Friday........please save me a whole pie!!! Happy Birthday Mom!

Val

Blub
Hi!

Aww, they'll be here soon. I can't wait for pics now!

Happy B'day your mum! Don't suppose you can ship a few pies across for me and some other UK members?

chickadee
Well they appeared right at noon and are swimming freely in their new temp homes now. They have had some very bad pics taken but here they are. No lighting yet so they are really much nicer looking in person. Hope to have lighting for them withing a couple days.

They were fine but very paled out. They pinked and blued out soon after getting into some very warm water and some noshing done. Betta Pro pellets went down good.

Rose

capekate
OOOO soooo cute Rose! ;D I love the blue and white.. what a very sweet face it has. they look very happy.. as I'm sure they are now to be out of shipment and into a nice new warm tank waiting for them. Yeaaa.. now you can breathe easier and relax!

luna
Yay! Fishies!

Blub
Hi!

Aw, they're lovely! I love that blue colour.

nmwierman1977
OH Rose you finally got them. They are both so gorgeous. I am so happy for you. I know the wait was hard, it was hard for me too, but in the end it was all worth it cuz now you have your sweet babies.

So about birthdays. AZ isn't too too far from Nebraska. How about sending me one of those NY style Cheese cakes?Or a french silk...yummy my favs. Tomorrow (friday the 28th) is my 31st b-day. A happy birthday to your mom! Have fun at the party and give your new little guys a hug from me. Natalie

chickadee
I took the cheesecake out of the oven about 30 minutes ago and it is still cooling...I do wish you were here to share it with us. I would love to have you all here for a pie fest. It is one of my favorite things to do..baking. I always thought when I retired I would open a small sandwich, soup and pie luncheonette type place but it did not work out with all that happened.

Happy birthday tomorrow, Natalie. Val I will be so happy to see you tomorrow . You may have to get in there and fight for a whole pie but I am pulling for you.

The little Marty does indeed have a cute face and he has a black spot on his forehead that looks like he has a third eye. It is kind of cute but made me pause for a second to wonder whether it was a parasite of some type. NOPE, just a spot. Diablo is going to be an independent child, he has almost totally ignored me since arriving and spends a lot of time behind the sponge filter as yet. Oh well, I did ask for at least one wild child. Marty looks to be a sweetie so far. He likes to hang out at the front of the tank and smooch at the front wall.

Rose

capekate
HI Rose,
Your betta's sound like they are doing great. Little MartyJr is a real sweetheart. And Diablo sound just like my Glory. He is also very independent and only comes around for food. And only a few pellets at that, then he is back sitting on his wide leaf plant or other times, sulking facing away from me. LOL... But I love him anyway.. I just love the different personalities of our Bettas.... ;D

PS.. Val... save a piece of pie for me too, you can't have the whole thing lol !
Wouldnt it be wonderful if us ol' gals can get together for a bake off.. sitting around the kitchen table.. That would be so nice. Who knows.. maybe some day? ;D

luna
That sounds way too much like almost every Golden Girls episode...they all end up around the kitchen table eating cheesecake.

Not that there's anything wrong with cheesecake, or pie for that matter.

chickadee
Well I fit the age group and all but I would not have their life style and their cheesecake was mostly store bought LOL.

But I would love to have a Fishlore picnic someday and all of us get together. That would be very cool.

Rose

luna
I'll make lasagna, and maybe some hot and sour soup.

COBettaCouple
We're so glad you got your newest Betta babies! I'll bring chilI to make everyone as red as your new guy.

pamd
Rose,
I'm soooo glad your beautiful new guys reached you safely!
We're so glad you got your newest Betta babies! I'll bring chilI to make everyone as red as your new guy.
See? We should invite the guys, too! Dave probably makes excellent chili. Plus, he and Stacy would be good company! The menu for your mom's BD celebration sounds fantastic! Pies pies and more pies! Save a piece of French silk for me, please. I'll bring some Southwestern something.

This forum reminds me of my own. Mine is a computer-related board, but many threads wind up into a discussion of food, glorious food! Several people from across the U.S. who met there have actually met each other in person to share a meal.

Barbrella
Yay! Glad those beautiful babies arrived and are looking good!

For future use, here's a nail biting smiley for you. Donations of cheesecake (nature's most perfect food) are accepted.

chickadee
I am happy they are home too. MartyIII is such a sweet little guy. He is swimming all over his q tank and liking his new home it seems, but Diablo is being just like the little > he was named for and flaring and fighting the fishie he sees in the reflections in his tank walls. I refuse to give in and tear the background down and do all the rearranging as I really believe it is best for them to find that the "fishie" will not invade or hurt them. He flares for a few minutes and then quits and swims and then goes back to flare again and fuss. He has also been stuck to the intake tube on the Penguin 100 but he can get off it himself okay as I have watched him do it with no problem so I know he is fine. I am a believer that the less we do to manage their world the better for the first bit. He is a little bit of a pill but the cutest little pill yet.

My cleaning lady agrees with me that it looks like MartyIII looks like he has an eye in the middle of his forehead. It is cute but a bit startling when you first see it.

Rose

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Courtney-94
Replies
Views
Annadvn
Replies
Views
Adam Pacio
Replies