New betta

Pariah

Reaction score
Amish country Ohio. Home state: Alaska (interior)
Experience
5 to 10 years
We picked up a new betta yesterday. Just in case anyone is wondering, the 1.5 gallon is just temporary while we get him a 5 gallon set up and it has flex watt underneath for heat. It was our snail/live plant tank, which were transferred to the guppy tank. After being in the pet store cup for months, he doesn't seem to know what to do with all this space. Wait until he gets his 5 gallon!
20200731_180223.jpg

He seems very curious about the going ons around him. I was in the kitchen right behind his tank and he swam over and camped out watching me like this with his fins flared.
20200731_180053.jpg

OP
Pariah

Pariah

Reaction score
Amish country Ohio. Home state: Alaska (interior)
Experience
5 to 10 years
jake37 said:
Well that one is a stunner. good luck.
I know he's not a show betta, but he's got a serious attitude, which suits us perfectly. And he's pink, which our daughter freaked out over. I can't wait to put him in this 5 gallon and get him settled. Then I want to train him. I never knew that you could do that!

His 5 gallon is actually our original tank that I gave to my sister after upgrading to our 40Bs. She killed her fish and just kept the pest snails and wasn't interested in taking care of them. Good news is that it's already established. I simply preserved the filter and all the goodies, cleaned the tank, added sand, a heater and few basic decor items. I've got it is running now and dosed to roughly 2ppm ammonia and we should know tomorrow if we're still golden.

New Threads