New Betta!

MattS99

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
DISCLAIMER: This is not a rescue. I know people do this a lot, but I went to Petco and picked a healthy betta that I liked.

I was supposed to get dog toys... I ended up with him. He's in a 1.6 gal for now (shame on me!) but he'll probably be moved pretty soon. He was called a "Bumble Bee Male" on Petco, so if anyone has clarification on what kind he is, I'm all ears. Nameless for now. Nice to have a new room mate though!
Here he is:
20171122_203430.jpg

More pics of my new buddy:
20171122_203529.jpg

20171122_203445.jpg

JamieXPXP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
O.O he is super beautiful. i really love his colouration and finnage.
hahaha you dont know how many times i go into the petstore for something and almost ending up with a new betta.

MattS99

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
O.O he is super beautiful. i really love his colouration and finnage.
hahaha you dont know how many times i go into the petstore for something and almost ending up with a new betta.
He's the angriest betta I've ever owned. He flares at me constantly. Hysterical to watch though.

MattS99

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My female does that all the time! But then she realizes “oh my gosh I just flared at the lord of pellets omg bow down”
I'm thoroughly enjoying this guy so far. My last couple bettas were probably prettier, but kinda boring to watch. This guy has personality.

I've named him Bernie. After my dying great-grandfather.

Bikebookbread

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Oh, I love him! I just picked up a new Betta at Petco a couple of weeks ago. There was a bumblebee at my store, too. So pretty!

MattS99

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh, I love him! I just picked up a new Betta at Petco a couple of weeks ago. There was a bumblebee at my store, too. So pretty!
Yeah, bumblebee is just a name used to sell them from Petco. My guy is probably a lower grade mustard gas halfmoon.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom