New Betta!

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Flowingfins, Aug 8, 2015.

1. FlowingfinsFishlore VIPMember

Meet Quentin OR Margo(not sure on gender yet)! I got this little guy from PetCo.
    He has red fins and his body is starting to turn blue. The pictures don't do him justice, he's not too fond of the camera so he kept moving. This little guy(or girl) was following my finger in the store and I knew I had to get him!

2. FlowingfinsFishlore VIPMember

Sorry for double posting mods, it wouldn't let me upload the picture to my original post.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  3. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Nice betta! Congrats!

4. FlowingfinsFishlore VIPMember

Thanks Anders:)

I forgot to mention that s/he is a crown tail, s/he has very tiny clearish rays that you can't see in the picture.

5. BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Beautiful little betta! I can tell he/she is going to be a marvelously colored betta when it grows up! :)

6. FlowingfinsFishlore VIPMember

Thanks BTWB:)

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

7. Cory LoverNew MemberMember

Looks great! I love his/her coloring. Love the name ideas by the way. Paper Towns is an awesome book/movie! What size tank do you have for him/her?

8. _Fried_Bettas_Well Known MemberMember

(S)He might be still too young, but.... Being a dark color, you should be able to see an egg spot to verify that she is a girl. It would be a white spot about the size of a betta pellet between and slightly behind the ventral fins (pair of fins under her body in front).

9. FlowingfinsFishlore VIPMember

Thanks cory lover:) She is currently in a 1 gallon bowl while I am setting up a 5 gallon for her(It should be ready by the end of the day, just waiting for the water to clear up a bit)(Paper Towns is my favorite book/Movie)

Thanks _Fried_Bettas_! I guess I've got a little girl:)

10. BiibaValued MemberMember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice