New betta!

1. Kasye

Kasye Valued Member Member

I was in Petsmart today, where in my area, they usually don't have the best bettas, and I don't even glance at them, but I happened to spot a betta that was exactly what I've been looking for. I had a betta years ago that I was in love with, he was a completely red double tail with fins that faded into transparent white. In Petsmart they happened to have a halfmoon double tail boy with fins just like this.

He doesn't look great though. He seemed more alive than the other bettas there, but he was still laying on his side quite a bit in the bowl. I figured he'd have a significantly bigger chance surviving with me than if I just left him there to die in that cup though, so I'm giving him a chance. Normally I would never consider buying a fish that doesn't look very healthy, but since he's in a tank by himself, he can't pass anything onto another fish, and if he doesn't make it, I can get my money back from the store (though I'll be sad). His fins look perfectly fine though, no sign of fin rot, so there's a plus for him!

He's breathing and moving his fins, and he swam away when I tried to take pictures (ha), and I'll be keeping his water very clean to give him the best chance at making a recovery.

IMG_1776.JPG IMG_1778.JPG

2. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Beautiful betta, I hope he makes it! :)

3. OP
    OP
    Kasye

So far I've already seen him get up and swim around a couple of times, and when he rests on the bottom, it's more like he's sitting (straight up) instead of laying down.

4. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

He's lovely, hope he does well in his new home :)

5. OP
    OP
    Kasye

I just went shopping for a bit, and when I came back, he came swimming to the front of the tank to greet me! He's already looking so much better! I picked up some bloodworms so I could treat him when he starts eating.

6. OP
    OP
    Kasye

IMG_1781.JPG

Here's a somewhat clearer picture of him, I caught him resting between the pagoda and the marimo.

7. _Fried_Bettas_

_Fried_Bettas_ Well Known Member Member

He has a good chance of getting better, I get some that are like this after shipping, and if I limit their stress they almost always get better. He is a pretty boy, best of luck.