New betta!

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by mosaicguppy, Dec 16, 2012.

1. m

mosaicguppy Well Known Member Member

I can't believe that I fell for it again. They were all swimming around and doing their little food dance and I could not resist taking a closer look at all of them and one guy instantly caught my eye. Then another thing happened and we all know how the story goes... Atleast my crowntail is having a nice time now. The 15 gallon has grown into a jungle and he's swimming around a lot. I've wanted to try putting him into the 15 gallon before since he was so good with the endlers and it seems to be working so far. I could always divide the tank so he gets 1/4 of the space if anything goes wrong.
    The new guy is a veiltail. I never thought veiltails came in the colour he's in right now, but then he appears to be a marble so who knows what colour he'll end up in. He's got a very cute face like all bettas and he actually came right up to me when I let him into the tank and did a little dance (wait until my crowntail sees this!). Before I start showing photos of him, how about we play a little guessing game? If anyone manages to guess one colour he has either on his fins or body I'll start to post photos of the little guy. :)

2. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

Pink ;)

3. OP
    OP
    m

Yay! You guessed it! That sure didn't take long :)
    I'll go upload some photos righ away!

Pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    He's still a bit shy so that was the best I could do for now. :)

4. monkeypie102

That's because my veiltail is a flourescnt pink lol... plus all marbles I have ever seen turned pink to some degree ;)

5. OP
    OP
    m

Haha, I guess I should do a bit more research into marbles then. I read that they can start out as a solid colour then gradually turn into cambodians and butterflies but I certainly wasn't expecting to see a pink and purple fish. I just wish I could get better at taking photos of my fish.

6. monkeypie102

What do you use to take the photos? I use my tablet and get a mix of pictures :)

Here is my pink veiltail named Crescendo!
    IMG_20121216_155153.jpg

Not sure what his colors make him but i haven't heard of butterfly before lol

7. OP
    OP
    m

My phone at the moment. Crescendo is very handsome! :)

8. monkeypie102

Maybe what you should do is turn that flash off (looks like I see a flash anyways) then try to aim a light right at the betta... it is what i have to do with this tablet, though it is lacking a light feature...

9. OP
    OP
    m

That's just the light that came with the tank.I just changed the lamp and the tank's already brighter than before. Maybe I should take photos when he's at the bottom so it isn't so bright?

10. monkeypie102

Couldn't hurt to give it a try :)

11. OP
    OP
    m

Got some more:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, he's pink and purple! :)

12. monkeypie102

Wow I was right he is very handsome!!!

13. OP
    OP
    m

Thankyou! It's funny how different he is to my crowntail, they're like the exact opposites. My crowntail doesn't like changes and ignores everything most of the time and this guy is curious about everything. I fed him today and he gobbled everything up in less than a second so I think he's starting to like me already. :)

14. OP
    OP
    m

I woke up this morning to find about 4 little holes or gaps in his tail. I just can't figure out what might've happened to him. It looks like someone took a needle and stuck little holes in the middle of his tail. It doesn't seem to be affecting him though so I guess I'll do a few water changes and see how it goes. His fins look way too delicate for him to be swimming around like crazy which he's doing at the moment.
    What I did notice is that his dorsal fin has rays sticking out like a crowntail's and his other fins have that slight spiky look which makes me think he might be a mix of crowntail and veiltail? Is it possible that his tail is starting to split because of that?

Update: His tail healed! I still don't know what happened but atleast he's better now.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice