New Betta Tank

friend_o_fish

Reaction score
I'm starting a new 10gal Betta tank and I'm intrested in any information any one has to share. I plan to have one Crowntailed Betta three Corie's and four Otto's. I would also like any suggestions on my stocking plan. So if any one has any suggestions please speak up. Thankyou

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The tank will be overstocked with both Cories and Otos. You can either put 3 Cories or 4 Otos in with the Betta but not both in that sized tank. The plan is wonderful otherwise and I am sure that the fish will appreciate a good home.

Rose

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Gammerus is right - they can spend hours exploring and love to have little adventures in their tanks and they are quite little hunters. They will look into every little corner and into all the caves and around each plant so give them a lot to explore. And she is so correct, they will be very happy.

Rose

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Actually I'd say up to 4 corys depending on the type, some of them only get to be about 1.5 inches long. Anyway I have 3 right now with my betta and a snail and it's about a perfect amount of space for them, no one is cramped, if a fish wants to hide or something there's plenty of room.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
yes Dwarf Cories would be perfect and you may even be able to get a snail besides 4 Dwarf Cories and a Betta but that would be kind of stretching it. I would do like Poe says and go for 4 Dwarves and have fun, they are darlings. They get about the same size as Otos.

Rose

friend_o_fish

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great advice you guys. I will take all your suggestions into consideration when I start the tank. ;D

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom