New Betta Super Lazy Question

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Anika, Jun 13, 2019.

1. AnikaValued MemberMember

My fiancé and I went to the pet store yesterday to buy a betta. We decided to choose the most dull and stressed looking betta at the store so we can give him a better life. An hour after putting him in the tank we noticed a significant colour change! But today he has been hanging out in the same spot all day! Is that normal for new bettas to be that lazy or is there something wrong with him? My other bettas are way more active. (Last pic is the spot he's been chilling in all day) 20190612_145204.jpgSnapchat-129925330.jpg20190612_165230.jpg20190613_204918.jpg

2. The_fishyWell Known MemberMember

Is he pressed up against the filter intake or just hanging out by the output? Does the flow appear to both him?

It may be that he just wants a spot near the surface to rest.

3. AnikaValued MemberMember

Yeah it is a nice spot for them to rest. I have had bettas in that tank before and they love that spot! I was just worried he might have a parasite or something because of how stressed he looked when I got him. Found him on the opposite side of the tank this morning making a bubble nest so I'm not too worried! He seems pretty happy! I think he's just settling in.

4. liliroseValued MemberMember

Just so you know, Bettas make bubble nests out of instinct. It's not an indicator of good health. I have seen Bettas that were near death making bubble nests.

I can't get your photos to load at the moment (there's a problem on my end, I can't see any new photos on this forum right now), so I can't speculate on your Betta, but please don't think a bubble nest means there's no reason to worry.

5. AnikaValued MemberMember

Thats fair! He is alot more active andhis stress stripes are completely gone so he seems healthy and happy too. Thats not the only indicator. But I'll keep an eye on him of course! Thanks for the help!!