New Betta, searching for tank mates!

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by squirrel, Apr 16, 2006.

1. squirrelNew MemberMember

Hello All! I just bought a betta yesterday...we have two tanks at home, one currently house a red-tail black shark and a hifin bull shark(we think thats what it is) and the other has a male betta with an african dwarf frog. I JUST read that bettas should be added to the tank last, but i wanted to get a couple more fish to keep my betta a frog company. Am I going to have to move the betta into a bowl (i know its cruel) until i get the other fish added? Also, what are good fish to put in each tank? Any help would be GREAT! ;D

2. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

what size are the tanks? some sharks get big so I would find out eqataly what type you have.

3. squirrelNew MemberMember

The betta/frog tank is smaller, approx. 5 gallons and the shark tank is approx. 20 (i think..sorry, im in the wrong house right now, so i'm guessing on sizes, but they should be about right)

4. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

I think your betta/frog tank is full bio-load wise. Just abut anything you put in there will out eat the frog.
    Carol

5. squirrelNew MemberMember

any ideas for the shark tank?

6. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

is this what it looks like

if so

7. mistycheriValued MemberMember

I have a Female Beta that gets along good with corys and my male guppies. But I'm not sure about a male Betta.

8. squirrelNew MemberMember

thatst exactly what he looks like! what kinda fish can i put in with him and the redtail? the tank is 1'X1 1/2'X2'...however many gallons that is, im not sure

9. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

is it a hex tank? that fish will get to big for the tank 24" witch is huge

10. squirrelNew MemberMember

its just a rectangular tank, we are gonna keep them in there until they get too big, then we'll buy a bigger tank.. they are really small right now, esp. the redtail

11. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

About the 5 gallon, Bettas are the only fish you can keep in there. It is just too small for other tropical fish. :-\

12. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

Sorry to say that the Betta tank is full, no more fish or you will have a wild betta. They get more aggressive the smaller the tank they have.

Rose
    :)

13. squirrelNew MemberMember

ya, ive given up on putting more fish in with the betta, but i've still got the other tank that i want to put more fish in! my sharks are gonna get lonely...any ideas???????????

14. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

i would do something about the big shark first

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice