New Betta Postal Trouble!! RANT!

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Tigerfishy, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

So. As a few of you may or may not know, I was due to receive 2 beautiful betta boys (Calypso and Triton, Triton is a maybe-name for the moment though!!) today BEFORE 1pm.

They never arrived, grrrrrrrr. We called the breeder who tracked them online. ALL the other ones he sent arrived safely to their destinations, except mine. To be exact they are "In processing..." WHAT IS THAT!!!??

Anyway, he is confident the poor little boys will still be alive tomorrow but my prob is with the postal service. They were posted yesterday on a Special Delivery GUARANTEED by 1pm the next day. This is a service we have to pay more for understandably. Not only did they not even deliver the same day (which could have been forgiven), but it will actually be a 2 day process. THIS IS NOT WHAT I PAID FOR, AAAHHH!!!

Oh how I hate to wait all day for fishy news, but now I'll be worried until the box arrives tomorrow morning sometime. If not, I'll have to go to the postal pick-up place and explain that as they still have the livestock I was expecting on Fri still not delivered, I need it NOW as it is alive and needs cared for, not to live in a dark, shaky, scary box. At least they have each other in there...

OK, OK, rant over, but I was hoping to be putting pics up tonight for you all, now I'll just have a divided tank with a betta in the left side and a little guppy girl in the middle bit lol! She wants her friends, the postal system is failing not only me, but my poor little guppy wanting her friends back!!

I hope they read this and feel bad haha!

2. Robin4

Robin4 Valued Member Member

Oh bother... That stinks! Paying extra for next day shipping is quite expensive. However, sometimes it's the only way we can be sure they get to us in a timely manner or when it's convenient for us. I'm now looking forward to pictures :)

Robin

3. _Fried_Bettas_

_Fried_Bettas_ Well Known Member Member

It doesn't help your betta, but I believe the postage is refundable in this situation, I would ask the carrier when you get your package. I believe the sender has to initiate the claim. This is assuming that the sender got the package into the hands of a postal worker before the deadline for next day service. I have received bettas from overseas which takes more than a day and they have arrived in good condition.

4. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

If you go online your postal service should have their "gaurentee" up somewhere, you'll probably get a full refund etc on shipping...

But oh those poor babies :(

5. b

broncosno1 New Member Member

i work for the post office. sometimes weather fuel issues acts of god......who knows what can and will impede the delivery process. me as an employee and a fish breeder want that package delivered to you on time. since you didnt recieve it on time you are allowed a refund. and in the case that the fish or other animals dont survive because of the extended time you may have that amount i think up to 100$? covered as insurance. we just had a talk about this the other day. as an employee im regretful that you probaly 1 out of 100 people didnt get your package on time. but we are ALL human and humans do run the show. so until god himself comes down and starts to run the show we all have to bear with a hit and miss delivery business. im sure fedex ups dhl and whoever else that is in this business dont have 100% successful past track records.

6. TedsTank

TedsTank Well Known Member Member

Hey Tiger!!! sit down and try to relax...I'm sure your fish are ok...most shippers really pack them well...so sorry for the stress....I go thru that everytime I order fish. Where I live to my town is usually a day later than quoted. Small post office here, so if something shows up she will call me!!!.....they are trying!!!

7. m

marina3 Valued Member Member

Gosh!!! Let us know as soon as you receive them... (well, after you take care of them of course!!! hehehe)

8. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Hang in there, Tigerfishy! We're keeping you and your betta babies in our thoughts. Please let us know when they arrive to you safely.

I've also had trouble with the post office delivering fish in a timely manner, so I understand how you feel.

9. OP
    OP
    Tigerfishy

Lol I know this and you guys do have a hard job at times (yes we are quite good friends with our postie, also a fishy man from what I believe), but I think the seller will maybe try to claim. Everyone else that was posted the same time got theirs, so they were in on time. It's because last time I got a fish from this guy (The first time I ordered online) it got dropsy 2 days after it arrived then died, these are the replacements (maybe he didn't travel well and the stress brought it on, I don't know). I'm so paranoid that anything goes wrong again as my first postal experience was not great either.

This shipper does pack well, it arrived and I had to climb through a mountain of bubble wrap the last time haha! I know his heat pack stayed warm into the next day so I fully believe they will be fine, but again as before with the probs I had before, I'm in a stage of panic!

Plus MMs recent saga also makes me panic...

10. b

i really lost my cool. im sorry all. when any package is in my hands i am VERY aware that someone paid a lot of money to get it there at a certain time. When i deliver live animals they get ""Special"" treatment. i understand there is a living creature and its life depends upon my speedy delivery from the post office to your home or business. none the less there is a ton of changing of hands with our and any other business before it even gets to the destination. receiving, processing distribution, flight....the chain is immense. logistics are insame with larg scale and continental deliveries. i deliver the mail and I admit not only for the postal service but for all services... the only sure fire way to guaruntee a live animal is to buy it in person. with that no always being an option its a roll of the dice. As a us postal service employee and as an avid betta enthusiast, im truely sorry you had to live such a nightmare. I hope your pet arrives in good health.

11. critter_fritter79

critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

There is almost nothing as stressful as waiting for a fishy shipment and doubly so when the shipment is late! My best advice is to BREATHE!!! Blue is a great color on a betta but not so much on a person!!!LOL! Whenever I have a late shipment, I honestly get on the phone and find out exactly where they are, then if possible, I will drive to where they are and GET them! I know this isn't always possible and sometimes the postal service can't really tell you where they are exactly, but most postal employees are more than happy to help you find a package like this and you should be able to put a hold for pick up on them at their next destination... hope that helps!

12. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

The fish will be fine....Just relax and await the arrival of your new friends...

13. u

uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

Broncos: I'm glad to hear you treat our packages with care! When I ordered my RCS, despite the fact they had all the labelling they needed to ensure proper treatment, I watched the mailwoman take my package out of her truck, throw it under her arm ... drop it on the ground in front of the mailboxes, pick it back up (and hold it upside-down of how she did before) and then drop it in front of my door. I wasn't happy!

Tigerfishy: Glad to get this dry run out of the way before we get the blue marble boy mailed. LOL. jk...I hope you can find some peace and relaxation amidst the anxiety and let us know how they are when they get in! All good things are worth the wait.

14. lyndra

lyndra Valued Member Member

*hugs*

Think nice positive thoughts Tigerfishy!! I'm sure they will be all fine - imagine how much they will enjoy their nice warm tanks and their yummy treats you will be able to shower on them!

15. _Fried_Bettas_

_Fried_Bettas_ Well Known Member Member

I saw a fed-ex deliver a package to a second story apartment by throwing from the ground up over the second story railing. Too lazy to walk up a few stairs.

16. OP
    OP
    Tigerfishy

:giggle: You never came across that way actually, I read it as a reassurance from you! :;smack:;hf

Our postman is very good and when I answered the door he said "is this more fish?" I looked a bit sheepish and said "Yes." He says "I hope they're OK for you!" Hmm, methinks he knows me too well..

Phew they made it though... :party0049: I was woried as the UK had a bit of a postal difficulty, many strikes, and thousands upon thousands of packages lost, damaged, delayed by weeks. There was still a backlog until recently (from what I heard :;dk). We all lost a bit of faith then to be honest. Sounds like you guys have a better system than us anyhow (apart from throwing packages up the apartments and dropping them under cars!). Maybe broncos could teach those ones a lesson!!

17. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Glad to hear your fish arrived safely!!

18. u

uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

So happy to hear they made it safely!

19. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Woohoo!!!! Safe fishies! We're so happy for you!

20. b

glad to see you got your fish. i did take the earlier post personally. i work VERY hard and i am about one of the most honest carriers you could ever come across. i do see people cut corners and wow a fed ex guy threw a package from ground to second story????? lol. thats pretty stupid. i guess the few steps saved are worth risking your job in some peoples minds. i didnt know that it was coming over seas either. they over in uk are having major issues and we are watching over here the end results. the union and management have a long standing agreement that we cant strike but the issues are still at hand as they are in the uk. longer and longer routes which equates to more and more worl put on the shoulders of the individual. DHL went under cause of the recent economy. i dont know but if i were to get a ``show`` fish....id try and find that fish locally. i dont trust any delivery service no matter who. they just dont care about our babies the way we do. again im happy to hear your fish is here. hope he enjoys his new home

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice