New Betta pictures!

Allie
Here's the newbie who I keep calling a Prince.
The ones without the flash show his true coloring.

capekate
He is very beautiful Allie... Love his blue eyes! You are very lucky to find halfmoons at your LFS! Nothing like that around here unfortunately...
But maybe that's a good thing! lol..

Allie
He is very beautiful Allie... Love his blue eyes! You are very lucky to find halfmoons at your LFS! Nothing like that around here unfortunately...
But maybe that's a good thing! lol..
We don't have em here too often. This is the first time I've noticed them in 2 years of keeping betta. I guess that's why I went a bit crazy this week.

Martinismommy
He's a very handsome prince!

Shawnie
hes amazing..hes got a lot of the coloring of my plakat BOY hahaha...still no egg spot so we gots a deffinate boy I'm sure

Allie
hes amazing..hes got a lot of the coloring of my plakat BOY hahaha...still no egg spot so we gots a deffinate boy I'm sure
That what I thought when I first saw him. He looks like Shawnie's new guy.

Fishies-for-me
Wonder if he has some crowntail in him...his tail looks spiky.

Allie
Wonder if he has some crowntail in him...his tail looks spiky.
Not sure..his tail is a bit tattered, so we'll have to see once the regrowth starts. His flare is nice tho beaten up tail & all.

COBettaCouple
He really does have some beautiful finnage!

Lucy
He's beautiful. Prince is a fitting name for him.

Allie
He really does have some beautiful finnage!
Thanks...I keep wondering how he ended up in a lfs and not on AB
Got to be a major fault I am not aware of.

COBettaCouple
The breeders will cull Bettas for the tiniest of reasons. KairI had a curl in one of her ventrals, Mickey is a little small..

Allie
The breeders will cull Bettas for the tiniest of reasons. KairI had a curl in one of her ventrals, Mickey is a little small..
That's ****.
One breeder in ON CA realized her HM betta breeders had true plakat in their background...she is considering culling or/and selling them cheap. ???

COBettaCouple
Yea, the show Betta world is SO picky.. me, I just love them for the great personalities and show flaws don't keep them from being such beautiful fish!

Allie
Exactly...If we ever breed betta. Only the ill will be culled.
I wouldn't even considering showing a pet, cat, dog or fish. No offense to those who do. I don't want to be a model so why should my pets: even tho most of them are pretty enough.

COBettaCouple
Yea, even our show Bettas will never have to be anything other than pets. ;D

BettaGirl92
you didnt get him from the PU did you?
there's noooo way.

the ones here don't look like him!
he's beautiful.

Allie
you didnt get him from the PU did you?
there's noooo way.

the ones here don't look like him!
he's beautiful.
Burnside...they had a few interesting colors. Marbles, orange and black, lots of blues. Most were delta tails. The fish are all young too. So that's a good thing. He didn't look like this in the store, he looked cooper/black/green. I was so happy to see all of his colors.
I guess, not sure tho. PU Burnside is the place who orders the fish and divides the order up between the 4 stores, Cole Harbor, Bayers Lake and Sackville. Maybe they kept the most prettiest one for their store.

BettaGirl92
Ohhh my, he is gorgeous.
And that's really cool that you got to see the change in his color.
My two boys that I got from PU (They were selling as HM's but were mostly deltas, as you said) were young too, but they did change colors or anything.

But i've never seen one so pretty at pets unlimited before.
I bet your right about how they keep the prettiest for themselves.
I might have to take a look out there today.
lol!

Allie
Ohhh my, he is gorgeous.
And that's really cool that you got to see the change in his color.
My two boys that I got from PU (They were selling as HM's but were mostly deltas, as you said) were young too, but they did change colors or anything.

But i've never seen one so pretty at pets unlimited before.
I bet your right about how they keep the prettiest for themselves.
I might have to take a look out there today.
lol!
We may pass each other by and not even know it. We've got some fry to sell them. They've got to go now too big.

BettaGirl92
Haha, we just might.
Lol, if I see someone selling some fry, I'll be sure to say hi.

voiceless_kat
That's ****.
One breeder in ON CA realized her HM betta breeders had true plakat in their background...she is considering culling or/and selling them cheap. ???

Ahhh, do you know who this person is...do they sell, have a website, etc???

Your Prince is WONDERFUL & AMAZING!!!!!:kewlpics: His colours are unique. Lucky girl, great pics, lucky fishy!

Val

Allie
Ahhh, do you know who this person is...do they sell, have a website, etc???

Your Prince is WONDERFUL & AMAZING!!!!!:kewlpics: His colours are unique. Lucky girl, great pics, lucky fishy!

Val
She may have something available.
She is really mad that she didn't have true splendens
Here's the Betta Breeders Canada site. She is the BBC President.

COBettaCouple
What a catastrophe! Plakats! I hope they get good homes and don't get wiped out for being 'frankenfish' as she puts it.

Allie
What a catastrophe! Plakats! I hope they get good homes and don't get wiped out for being 'frankenfish' as she puts it.
She already fed some fry to her JD These show betta breeders are The ones that are grown more she is selling. I think.

COBettaCouple
That's a shame.. too bad she doesn't love Bettas the way us regular people do.

BettaGirl92
that IS a shame..
awhhh, I can't imagine that little bettas being food!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BReefer97
Replies
Views
BettaHaveAgoodDay
Replies
Views
Neoqueenhonybee
Top Bottom