New Betta Pair <3

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by e_watson09, Jun 14, 2019.

1. e_watson09

e_watson09Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +332
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    I ended up at a LFS yesterday (crazy how I keep ending up at these places HAH) and found these two gorgeous crowntail bettas. I plan to eventually get into breeding and import a couple from Thailand but I have more research to do on the importing process so I was happy to find these super healthy guys!

It was a bit of an impulse to get them as I hadn't planned on more tanks and bettas until I imported. I ended up running to Walmart for a couple small 5 gallon tank kits, seeded the cycle with my established tanks and got them acclimated.

I'm going to add a lot more plants and decorations but I couldn't find like any silk plants last night so they at least got one for now and my husband is taking my kids to another store to pick out more today.

I have named the male Skeeter and the female Ziggy. I am starting to get into breeding fish so I'm not 100% sure if I'll breed them or not, I plan to have a betta breeding set up for the ones I import. Time will tell as I get my fish room set up. For now these two are on my kitchen counter

62456498_4812116867569_8897839947046715392_n.skeeter.Ziggy.

2. Victoria99

Victoria99Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +52
    Experience:
    4 years
    Hopefully you can breed them because they'll make some gorgeous babies!

3. OP
    OP
    e_watson09

e_watson09Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +332
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    A few things are currently holding me back, I really want to build a cool separation tank for when they're older. I know I won't need it for a couple months after breeding but I'd like to have plans and it started before I start. The filtration system is my biggest concern so I'm wanting to make something reliable for them.