New Betta & Nerite Snail

1. marinat Initiate Member

My tank finally cycled and I just brought home these guys. Teufel , and his snail friend, Gary.

Attached Files:

2. minervalong Well Known Member Member

He's a pretty boy!

3. Something Smells Fishy Member Member

I bought a Nerite snail 4 days ago, he already ran away on the second day, wherever he are I wish him the best.

4. marinat Initiate Member

Oh no! Well best wishes little guy. Hope he turns up. Gotta say those snails don't seem too bright. Gary has yet to figure out the spinach I put in there for him.

5. California L33 Well Known Member Member

Your snail may still be in the tank. I've got a Nerite and he vanishes for days at a time, then he'll be out for days. He digs into the gravel and buries himself half way or more, sometimes uprooting plants as he goes (I think he's eating roots and food that's worked its way down into the gravel.) What I'm saying is- be careful when moving decor and gravel, as he may still be in there.

6. Something Smells Fishy Member Member

Holy cow, woke up this morning saw him crawling outside of the tank, he been gone for like 4 days.

7. Pastel.Fish. Member Member

Just wanted to say that your betta is stunning! :D

8. California L33 Well Known Member Member

Well, snails do strange things. Glad he turned up. But I have read that snails leaving the tank are a cue to check your water quality.