New Betta - Names?

Zoreta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
As some of you will remember, 6 weeks ago, we lost Sir Elton, my first betta. We cleaned out the tank, dried the gravel, cleaned the plants and rearranged the tank so it wouldn't 'feel' like Elton's. We did a fresh cycle, seeded from my mom's healthy tank. I went to petco to look for a new decoration, and like so many fools before me, went by the betta cups- and saw this little guy following me around the aisle.

605.jpg

video of him and his shimmeriness:

I've tried several names- first was Lupin, due to his blue and white (lunar) coloration, and his tendency to spazz when under pressure (he'll beg, but when you put the food in, he'll ignore it and keep begging XD)
Then there was Felix- after a character from a series I like, where Felix is the most valley-girl ditzy guy EVER.
But neither seem to fit... Any ideas? He's curious, but not too bright, and isn't violent- during the vacuum I did before the vid, he stalked my finger from the shadows rather than flaring and biting at it.

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
what a cutie! I can't seem to think of a name either! =O

bassbonediva

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
What kind of names do you like? Do you prefer more human names? He almost looks like an Apollo to me for some reason. Apollo was the god of light and the sun; truth and prophecy; archery; medicine, healing and plague; music, poetry, and the arts; and more (thank you Wikipedia for that description).

ayelie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
How about Lucky

Zoreta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I like unusual names- it can be people's names, but not 'Joe' or 'Shirley'- like my cories are named Gilbert and Roderich, and my other betta is Napolean. I'm not adverse to obscure/non-English words or fictional names.

Apollo is a nice name, but Apollo is a god of the academics, and this betta isn't terribly smart- if he tries to eat food and misses, rather than readjusting his aI'm before a second strike, he'll just keep on biting on nothing.

bassbonediva

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Zoreta said:
Apollo is a nice name, but Apollo is a god of the academics, and this betta isn't terribly smart- if he tries to eat food and misses, rather than readjusting his aI'm before a second strike, he'll just keep on biting on nothing.
It's called irony! You name the none-too-bright fish after the god of academics! Okay, I have an odd sense of humor.

Zoreta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Nah, I get the humor, but it just doesn't feel right for the fishy- thanks for the input though!

Charlemagne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
How about Desmond? IDK why, but when I look at him, the first name that comes to mind is Desmond......

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads