New Betta- name suggestions? 10 Gallon Tank

1. Zoreta Member Member

My 'new' cup baby rescue- although I'm not sure I can call him a rescue, since he was in such good condition when I got him. Probably a new shipment- he is pretty docile and hasn't bothered the cories except a little stalking on day one, but I have a spare tank in case things get ugly. I've had him for a week now, with no issues.

Also: why does it show two videos when I only have one code?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ep794VSO_c

2. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

patriot? he's lovely

3. Zoreta Member Member

He's red, blue and green though XD

Thanks- one of those cases where I was just going to get filter carbon refills and he called to me from across the aisle- with his shiny blue lips and tinyness and adorableness. It was like he was hypnotizing me with the way he 'shivers' his tail and make the colors dance... HYPNOTIZING BETTA!!!
    Protect your tanks, the betta are invading!

4. kelsangdol Member Member

Jo is pretty cool, it means rescue in Japanese but sounds casual :)

5. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

lol... the colors on my computer are off. Azerbaijan has a flag with those colors, so it's still patriotic, just not us... :;laughing

6. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Zoreta. He's beautiful! I'll try and remove the duplicate video. Thanks for sharing with us!
    Ken

7. critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

Wow! He is very handsome! What a find! I don't have any name suggestions yet but if I think of any I will post later!

8. Zoreta Member Member

Thanks for fixing the video Shawnie :)

Thanks for the name suggestions everyone- I briefly considered Christo (after the man who did the environmental art), but it doesn't him quite right. Hrm, decisions decisions lol

9. Diggly Well Known Member Member

He reminds me of the spanish bull fighter, how about matador or mateo?

I dont want to get into the whole spanish bull fighting morality here and being part spanish yes I have been to a bull fight and no they arent as inhumane as they are made out to be.

10. Robin4 Member Member

Hello - how about "shimmer"? His fins seem to sparkle while he swims... :)

Robin

11. Chris123 Well Known Member Member

i think this would be good names

Spade
    Wade

I not very good at naming either :(

12. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

He's beautiful! Congratulations!

13. fishtroy Well Known Member Member

I liked when you were talking about a Hypnotising betta.

How about Hypnoze? Or Hypnotic? :)

14. critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

Hmmm...along the lines of hypnotic...Sigmond Freud is the only famous hypnotist I know of...maybe you could call him Siggy???

15. Heather M Well Known Member Member

:drool:Oh, he's beautiful!!! I like aristocratic sounding names. You can put lord, duke, count, etc. in front of almost any name to make it sound elegant enough for such a pretty boy. That is if you're into that sort of thing.

16. Zoreta Member Member

After much deliberation, the current name seems to be Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte- because he is small and flashy. They name may change yet again, but for now, Napoleon.

17. Seatown12 Member Member

Very nice betta! Sorry I have no name suggestions though, I am not very good at naming fish haha.

18. Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

He's very pretty......I love the doubletails....

19. Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

Tails sounds like a good name... JMHO :;dete

20. fishtroy Well Known Member Member

Hi 'for now Napoleon' LOL. :;hi1