New betta just purchased has it got fin rot?

1. PAOK1926

PAOK1926 Initiate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys I just purchased this guy question to you guys has my new betta already got fin rot or is it colour tone on his fins
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CrowntailCrazy

CrowntailCrazy Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I see what you are talking about and Tbh i see one spot that kinda looks like fin rot. Best thing to do to and be on the safe side. Water changes every 1 or 2 days. That way if it is you'll catch so soon you wont be able to tell he ever had it. Water changes work wonders believe it or not. I thought you had to buy medicine and treated water and all that. I believe it was @TexasDomer that told me water changes are the best treatment unless it's a serious case of it.

Oh! and pretty betta fish by the way :)

3. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +8,539
    I don't see any fin rot, but I could easily be missing it. It wouldn't hurt to do frequent water changes the first few days/weeks he's in your care, just in case.

4. OP
    OP
    PAOK1926

PAOK1926 Initiate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I might change his water every 2 days for the few weeks And add salt to help him out if it is fin rot mind you his in a good tank good size heatered/filtered just hope it's not fin rot starting

he is a good looking half moon

5. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +8,539
    I wouldn't add salt, but agreed, lots of water changes in a heated and filtered tank should help! Salt is not necessary, and may do more harm than good.

6. OP
    OP
    PAOK1926

PAOK1926 Initiate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah I'm not sure just hope its not fin rot