New betta just purchased has it got fin rot?

1. PAOK1926 Initiate Member

Hey guys I just purchased this guy question to you guys has my new betta already got fin rot or is it colour tone on his fins
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CrowntailCrazy Member Member

I see what you are talking about and Tbh i see one spot that kinda looks like fin rot. Best thing to do to and be on the safe side. Water changes every 1 or 2 days. That way if it is you'll catch so soon you wont be able to tell he ever had it. Water changes work wonders believe it or not. I thought you had to buy medicine and treated water and all that. I believe it was @TexasDomer that told me water changes are the best treatment unless it's a serious case of it.

Oh! and pretty betta fish by the way :)

3. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I don't see any fin rot, but I could easily be missing it. It wouldn't hurt to do frequent water changes the first few days/weeks he's in your care, just in case.

4. PAOK1926 Initiate Member

Yeah I might change his water every 2 days for the few weeks And add salt to help him out if it is fin rot mind you his in a good tank good size heatered/filtered just hope it's not fin rot starting

he is a good looking half moon

5. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I wouldn't add salt, but agreed, lots of water changes in a heated and filtered tank should help! Salt is not necessary, and may do more harm than good.

6. PAOK1926 Initiate Member

yeah I'm not sure just hope its not fin rot