New betta in 2.5 gallon tank

COBettaCouple
Today, Stacy found 'Chloe' at Petsmart. She's a tiny little girl and is now exploring a 2.5g that I setup for her with a new silk plant, new grass decor and new tree trunk decor. I put a big cup of marbles and 2 filter sponges from our established tanks, double treated her water with Prime & NovAqua+ and gave her Fish Protector and Vita-Chem. (The 'dots' are those bubbles that stick to the sides when you fill a new tank.)

She'll be upgraded to a 6.6g bookshelf tank after Sweetie & KairI get theirs.

mlinden84
What a cutie! Congrats on your new betta girl!

Drea
Happy day for you guys! Pretty girl and lucky to come home with you ;D

voiceless_kat
hey Dave & Stacy....such a beautiful little lady. I really, really like the white and light coloured bettas. She looks pretty pleased with herself checking out her new digs! Congrats!!! How many does that make??????? LOL

Val

NeilB.
Congratulations! She looks good.

Barbrella
Such a pretty tiny little one! She looks bedazzled at her new digs.

Congrats!

m&p
she is so pretty!! Congrats!!!

King_Snuggles
very nice love the fake grass stuff that is cool. I haven't seen it in the LFS near me.

COBettaCouple
Thanks everyone. She takes us back to 6 Betta Splendens. We almost had 7, but that's another post.

Allie
She is adorable. I think I am getting another betta too for my 5g.

capekate
HI Dave and Stacy...
congrats on your new lil girl. She is a sweetie pie and I love the white colored bettas. ;D She looks very healthy.... and happy!
The best of luck with her.

~ kate

COBettaCouple
She's such a light pink that we thought she was white and she looks white in pics but she is a cute & smart girl and already learned eating pellets, that she got for the first time this morning. ;D

mlinden84
I want a pink fish!

nmwierman1977
Congratulations Stacy and Dave. So much for " I'm not getting anymore Bettas". I knew you weren't going hold to that. How could you not get anymore after seeing their sad little faces in those cups? She's a cutie dave. Nat

0morrokh
She's such a pretty girl. Glad she got rescued from Petsmart.

chickadee
Oh congratulations!! Chloe You are a VERY lucky little girl and you are going to be a very spoiled little girl. Stacy and Dave will be such doting parents and give you so much love. You do not look one bit worse the wear for being at PetSmart and such a beautiful little shade of pink you are too.

Congratulations to you all.

Rose

COBettaCouple
She is being spoiled already. ;D She's soaking up attention and even gave my finger a couple nips already. She's settling into her role of spoiled betta quicker than any of our bettas have. Her favorite decoration is that tree we found at Pet World, a LPS way south of us. It's where she sleeps at night. ;D

Blub
Hi!

She is lovely! Chloe- you've just wound up in one of Dave and Stacy's tanks... You lucky little thing! You've probably got the best Betta parents in the States!;D

mlinden84
Any updates?

ricktavious
Congrats on your new betta, she is so cute

COBettaCouple
Chloe is such a little character. Today, she was having fun pushing glass marbles around her tank. ;D

King_Snuggles
lol very nice. Mine likes to burrow into the java moss

mlinden84
Chloe is such a little character. Today, she was having fun pushing glass marbles around her tank. ;D

Wow, must be a strong little girl!

COBettaCouple
LOL.. I guess she is - and she's just a baby. She saw some food and really was determined to get to it.

Blub
Hi!

What a great new friend you've found yourself Dave!

COBettaCouple
Well, Stacy has claimed Chloe as her baby and Chloe does get happier to see Stacy.. but I love all our fish and enjoy watching Chloe's unique character develop as she gets used to life with proper treatment. Within a couple months, she'll move from her 2.5g tank into one of those 6.6g bookshelf tanks that are so great for Bettas.

Blub
Hi!

Bettas are really funny things. They get happier to see your wife rather than you... What a sweet little girl

Tazmiche
She sounds adorable!! Can't wait to see more pics and vids of her!!

mlinden84
What a lucky girl! I love those 6 gal. tanks, but can't seem to find them anywhere.

COBettaCouple
Unfortunately, we've only found them at Petco. These are the tanks they should promote with Bettas instead of the prisons.

mlinden84
Unfortunately, we've only found them at Petco. These are the tanks they should promote with Bettas instead of the prisons.

Well I want the tank... but do I really want to go to petco? So far I've been able to avoid that place...

COBettaCouple
As much as we hate petco, the tank really is great for a betta so we have to grin and bear it.. Probably going to get 3 more of them this month to upgrade the 3 in 2.5g tanks so all 6 will have the 6.6g bookshelf. Then no more petco.

Well I want the tank... but do I really want to go to petco? So far I've been able to avoid that place...

Drea
I wish I had known someone in FF wanted a 6.6, I just sold mine to a gal in Arkansas for $25.00 ! I can get them here in MI from Meijer. Reg. price 49.99 sometime they have 20% off all aquarium items, if you want I can check, and see if they are on sale.

COBettaCouple
Hmm.. interesting. I'd like to see that, since the one at petco is the store-brand I believe. We'd love to get 3 now, but a broken tooth this morning killed any chance of that.

I wish I had known someone in FF wanted a 6.6, I just sold mine to a gal in Arkansas for $25.00 ! I can get them here in MI from Meijer. Reg. price 49.99 sometime they have 20% off all aquarium items, if you want I can check, and see if they are on sale.

chickadee
A broken tooth!! Oh No, Dave we need to send you some for luck and hopefully your luck will change. It has not seemed to be doing well for you lately.

Let's see 3 tanks and a new tooth...

Rose

Lucy
Hmm.. interesting. I'd like to see that, since the one at petco is the store-brand I believe. We'd love to get 3 now, but a broken tooth this morning killed any chance of that.

Ouch, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you're feeling better soon.

COBettaCouple
I could have bought 5 tanks for what that tooth repair cost us. :;pirate

A broken tooth!! Oh No, Dave we need to send you some for luck and hopefully your luck will change. It has not seemed to be doing well for you lately.

Let's see 3 tanks and a new tooth...

Rose

chickadee
I hope you are doing well soon. It has been a rough few weeks for you. Take care, my friend. The little ones can live in the small tanks for a bit yet but you must take care of yourself.

Rose

COBettaCouple
Thanks Rose. You know how it is, wanting to spoil the babies.

I hope you are doing well soon. It has been a rough few weeks for you. Take care, my friend. The little ones can live in the small tanks for a bit yet but you must take care of yourself.

Rose

≈ D ≈
Just saw the pictures of Chloe - she is absolutely gorgeous!! Congrats

Top Bottom